Rear quarter window removal

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
As some of you will know, my car is off to the bodayshop next week...the chap doing the worked has asked me to find out about the rear quarter window removal - has anyone had this removed and do you know what is entailed? id assume it isnt an easy job.....

Not sure be i would of thought, undo the opening handle & im guessing the edge nearest to the front doors is slotted in poss ?

dunno fella thats why im asking before i go pulling panels off without need....im sure i heard someone mention huge rivets in the past

Call your local Audi dealer and ask them who their approved body shop is, then call the body shop. They would have done this job loads of times and will be able to give you the answer.

wouldnt think it would be that hard, I retro fitted pop out windows to my e30 3 series bmw, it was attached by 3 bolts one holding the pop out mech in place and 2 holding the window. You'll probably have to remove the b pillar trim.

Just checked vagcat (seems to be working for once) and it does indicate that a pop rivet is used, but doesnt indicated how the window fix's in place but it is held by 3 bolts by the looks of it. Have you got a workshop manual, if so it should have the removal process. I have a copy but havnt got round to installing it on my new pc, not sure if i have the login instructions for it