Couple of service questions?

J B

Reaction score
I'm going to service my car this weekend doing all the usual bits as well as take the sump off and clean that out change the oil pickup pipe and the haldex oil and filter.

I've just been looking for a haldex filter spanner and was wondering if anyone can tell me if THIS is the right one? It looks like it to me!?

I was also wondering whats the best thing to clean out the sump with? Wire brush? Brillo pad or some scotchbright ect?

Oh and another one I was wondering if anyone knew any 5w40 oils that cover the VAG specification? I thought I could find something a bit cheaper than £55 for quantum platinum from audi?

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers Westle thought it was but didnt have the part number anywhere!

Yea thats the right part mate, also I believe you can get the oil from Euro Car Parts for a little cheaper than what you have quoted.

Where in the W Mids are you based mate???

£31 delivered aint bad. thats not much more than buying at the dealer. i buy that stuff by the drum

Try this site if your a ASN member you get 10% off plus at the minute use this voucher code ENGINEOIL andyou get 15% more off thats a total of 25% off. I came accross it yesterday.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

p.s when you do a full oil change and clean the sump out how much oil do you have to put back in?

I've bought the spanner hopefully it wil get here for the weekend!

I also phoned the local VW garage this morning and they do the 5 Ltr Quantum platinum for £21+VAT so much cheaper than the Audi Stealers! Will probs just get it there to make sure I can get it in time!

p.s when you do a full oil change and clean the sump out how much oil do you have to put back in?

I believe its 4.6 Ltrs? So a 5 Ltr tub should do.

Where in the W Mids are you based mate???

Im just down the road from Telford, what about you?

Cheers for all your help guys :beerchug: