Celtic Tuning/Swiss Tuning.

Lee172

GT3071
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so first of all, hello :)

I have just bought my first S3 so i am looking for a bit of advice on tuning, I live in south London and the closest mapping place to me is Swiss tuning which is a Celtic tuning dealer.
Has anyone had a remap by either of these and if so what do you think? They claim to get my car to 270bhp, im guessing this is slightly optimistic?
Also, they say i dont have to do anything to the car before the remap, although advise me to buy a panel filter, is there anything else i should do before i get a remap?
Thanks in advance,

Lee.

I have considered them but until i come on this site i was told revo isnt that good, the reason why i was looking at celtic tuning is because i know some one who is getting theirs done by them and they will do us a deal if we do it at the same time.

I was told on golf 1.8t before a map they tell you to upgrade to silicone pipework and fit a diverter valve, should i do this to mine or will the standard parts be ok?

Always good to do the panel filter & TIP, D/V is optional as long as the standard is ok, with the forge item you can change the spring rate as well though. I am alos looking at getting a Celtic map on my car :)
Oh & keep some money aside for new coilpacks as they like to break down after a remap sometimes ;)

If I remember correctly celtic seem to produce high bhp but low torque...

nowt wrong with revo fella..
try the trial for yourself, dont make your decision from tittle tattle alone when you can try it in free trial version for yourself.. and make your own mind up

Yeah, they do seem to have higher bhp figures and lower torque figures, is that bad? or just down to the personal taste of the customer? i think celtic do a trial period as well, not sure though. i will have a look at revo now..

"Always good to do the panel filter & TIP, D/V is optional as long as the standard is ok"

This is probably going to be one of them ones where i'll feel like an idiot when somebody tells me... but what is TIP?

Thanks for the comments btw.

Last edited:
My car has a Celtic Tuning remap and im more than happy with it, I did try the Revo trial but went with the Celtic Tuning mainly because it was £200 cheaper, and IMO gives better power delivery over the whole rev range, I found the revo to harsh for my style of driving.

And IMO you dont have to change filter and DV, if you have the money you may as well upgrade both but not essential for a stage 1 map.

And I dont belive the BHP claims but it sure makes the car faster :jump:

Lee tip is turbo to airbox hose Forge do one part no. FM225IND For S3..