Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Chugger

Status

100k service with audi

hi yall, thinking of getting my car serviced by audi just to keep the service history all nice. Any idea whats involved and costs? I would normally do my cars myself or take to a independant, but they arnt very good round here and id hate to leave an s3 with them, think there heads might pop off.
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    they wont do anything other than whats on the service schedule unless you ask them to

see the other "omg high mileage" thread. just do the work thats necessary like you would on any other car and if you really want to be fussy, do the non schedule items too

Chugger

Status
    ah sweet didnt see that thread, should of hijacked it. Think im going to be fussy and go for haldex oil change as its overdue

6th Gear

Status
    yup, thats the right way to treat it. do whatever is due

if your plugs were changed last month 2k miles ago, you wont acheive anything changing them again now etc

if you wanna be really fussy you can change all sorts if your unsure of the spec of the fluid in there or the age of it.

Missing the S3

Status
    service intervals as far as I know are: every 10k oil and filter, every 20k oil and filter, and air and pollen filter and haldex oil. every 40k same as 20k plus spark plugs. At 60k the cambelt and aux belt should be changed, this use to be 80k when the S3 first came out but then audi changed to 60k People recommend changing the water pump and the tensioners and pulleys.

If you've maintained its service along these lines then your on a 20k service

6th Gear

Status
    Full service - oil and all filters(pollen/air/fuel) + plugs Ł249. Same as most indies.

I would go to Audi for the full service because you will get extras such as lubing of door hinges and a good mechanical health check. Which indies won't do free

Audi will reach for the Vaseline when you need to do your brake fluid, haldex, rear diff and gearbox oil
    Last edited by finesse; 20th July 2010 at 12:39.
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

Missing the S3

Status
    brake fluid change is only Ł49 from audi, unsure on haldex and gearbox oil

6th Gear

Status
    and the coolant was on a schedule too

Chugger

Status
    well looking at previous reciepts haldex is an extra Ł75.

Anyway turns out my audi/vw dealer have give up the audi francaise for 6 months until their new showroom is built so it will actually be serviced by vw. The guy didnt seem 100% as he could access the pricing because there no longer a franchaise, but he reckon it would be about Ł300 for filters, lubricants and haldex.

6th Gear

Status
    my cars hit 101000 and im getting it serviced at midland VW on saturday. I'm getting oil flush, oil and filter, fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter, coolant flush and change, sparks done and other fluids topped up for Ł225.
    I changed my gearbox oil and haldex oil 20,000 miles ago and so haven't needed to get it done again along with brake fluid that was changed recently.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour