Hi guys wonder if you can help me?
I've just bought my second A3 quattro from independtant dealer. First imprsseions were great.
64,000 2002 - Ł4800. Normally I wouldn't spend that much but it wanted the low milage and a bit of insurnace bying it from a dealer. (not audi)
After two days of owing it I have noticed the following Problems/Faults:
1. The engine check light came up : (Note the faults were cleared, same faults appeared after 10 minutes of driving still present on ECU but no light)
· Vag-com - Mass Air flow meter signal too low.
· Vag-com - Car running lean.
· Vag-com - Pressure drop before turbo (Check DV).
2. Traction control Light lit when stationary. Disappeared when engine re-started, this has happened 5 times in two days.
· Vag-com - Intermittent Implausible brake signal.
3. Aircon worked for 1 day.
4. Secondary Air / Combi valve leaking oil or that area?
5. Possible gearbox problem?? intermittent loud clunk when selecting gear. Intermittent rattle noise when idling, when revs drop. Clunk noise when de-pressing clutch pedal. (not sure about this one, my other does it two)
6. Slight play in the steering,
I have spoken to them today to tell them about the problems with the car, they have asked me to drop it off but say the warrently only covers Ł200 of the cost of any repiars (Only some of the stuff above is on there warrenty sheet, and it does state that it only covers Ł200).
i'm i write in thinking that i'm covered by the Sales of goods act? Ie it doesn't matter what they say espically as I've only had the car 2 and bit days??