alloy wheel painting

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
hi guys was bored from being laid off :( but gave me a chance to experiment, i was looking at my a3 and decided i would paint my original 16" alloys white for my a3 turbo i thought oh well if it looks crap il have to go aftermarket ones BUT im really pleased with the effect allthough im no sprayer i think i did a pretty good job. i have posted pics now so not so much of a noob like i said im no sprayer but id like to hear what u guys think i dont expect everyone to like them lol but it cost me less
than 50 notes so im happy lol cheers guys
37571_1505597917644_1165148122_1405416_4171826_n.jpg

34229_1505598077648_1165148122_1405417_7236178_n.jpg

34665_1505597157625_1165148122_1405413_4173534_n.jpg

38369_1505597797641_1165148122_1405415_5805209_n.jpg

Last edited:
OK OK OK.....

Firstly, change your font and size

Secondly, if you have a look there is a sticky on how to post pics on here...

I would love to see the pics, but im not an FB'er so wont be able to see them, have a read up and see if you can get the pics up for all to see :)

OK OK OK.....

Firstly, change your font and size

Secondly, if you have a look there is a sticky on how to post pics on here...

I would love to see the pics, but im not an FB'er so wont be able to see them, have a read up and see if you can get the pics up for all to see :)

*tut* Nilz - i expected more from you! Get Facebook :)

ok cheers il have a look and you should still be able to see them if you click the link even if ur not a fbooker

Thats better,

They actually look ok mate, the car could do with a big time hit with the SLAM stick, would look really good then mate, dont know if you are any good with photoshop, but have a go at slamming it on there.

Colour goes well the blue and white mate.

Cheers bud yeh it definatly needs to be lower and smoother but I'm no comp wiz lol

not bad mate. i did the same on my old peugeot i think they suit the pug more but it doesnt look that bad. would be good with lowering but good effort of painting on a budget. hope u used plenty of lacquer mate!

:icon_thumright:

Yeh I slappd plenty on there hoping to avoid any chips but I don't expect it to work that well lol

I used diamond White ford paint and plenty of clear laquer mate all from halfrauds and yeh I HD to let the air out to get the balance waits off an to make sure I got the rim edge

Looks good, i like it. Also looks like you've done a decent job on them too. Id prob go silver calipers but its your call.

looks good mate.

only thing i would say is you should of sprayed the inside of the alloy aswell, but thats IMO.

sweet, what did you do prep wise?

Iv been slowly doing mine wheel by wheel, although iv only done one wheel so far lol.

I rubbed mine down, filled the chips and kerbing, resanded, etch primed, then a few more layers of filler primer, base colour then a thick layer of laquer. My wheels are in poor condition though.

Useing cans or spray gun? Iv been thinking of going mine in a metallic black or grey then adding rim tape.

Yeh mine were in pretty good cond. I rubbed down with wet and dry 280 grit then some 400 then a quick skim with 600 I went for couple of coats of thin filler primer don't go to mad as it won't get everything perfect thats in the rubbing down make sure you stand the wheel or hang it so that ur spray can has a nice even spray I used all cans. I put rim tape on to start with but it looked crap so I took it off but it might suit urs. Hope this helps