Newbie looking for help with a 1.9TDi Sport.....

Ipswich Jules

Reaction score
Hello folks, recently took the plunge into Audi ownership after my previous Astra Coupe 2.2 was written off in a crash, as I needed a decent, reliable and economical car (that also has a bit of grunt and looks smart) I bought a pre-face life (phase 1?) A3 1.9TDi sport on a W plate.

So far I love everything about the car, the build quality is second to none and no rattles or squeaks anyway which is amazing for a 10 year old car, I do have a slight problem and it seems a fairly common one - it's a intermittent boost problem, some days it's fine but more lately it seems to bot be boosting when on a motorway and you put your foot down it struggles to pick up speed, if the ignition is switched off and on again it seems fine but doesn't last and is soon back to it's old ways.

Having read around here and a few Google searches I cleaned the MAF and whilst this has improved things it's still not solved and now I'm seeing people talking about the boost pressure sensor (the N75?) and was wondering where this is located and how easy it is to change?

I've also seen a lot of people talking about VAGCOM to read error codes, but my ECU light isn't on, so would this indicate either no sensor fault (more mechanical - maybe the turbo itself) or that maybe the bulb in the ECU warning display isn't working (or has been removed?) - should the ECU light come on as part of the pre-ignition checks?

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it if it is

Any help people can give would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Jules