LED Sidelights and Xenons

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
This is just a post to show the LED's that 'CAGE' sells against xenons... they are white 4 LED bulbs in a plastic casing (believe it or not, just like a bulb!) and a bargain too at £11 a pair. I bought some other i had to modicy to fit and didnt ****** work! These are good 'uns tho!

Yep... will look better when i get around to doing the facelift lights... WHENEVER THAT may be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Got such a long list, its rather low down on priorities at the moment

Dito, but Im sure I'll squeez them in at some point - while were on this topic of other mods....

Off to AMD the wonderful land of Mods, Would you recomend Eibach Springs and dampers?

If not What and where?

Where can i find these Rich, can i have a link/number please? They look the nuts! Are they road legal?

Thanks YOGi

Piece of cake to install and it only take 5 mins max! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

TBH it was more effort to open up the car lean down, pull the bonet catch, get out and then lift up bonnet than it was to install these babies!

<font color="red">WARNING!!!</font>

Some of these bulbs come with a clear plastic "cap" which diffusses the light in such a way that it looks more like 1 bulb as opposed to the 4 seperate LEDS. I personally prefered this look, HOWEVER, when pulling the bulbs OUT (for instance, when they blow/wear out) this cap can come loose and possibly fall INTO the headlight housing. The only way to get it out is to pull the headlight apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So if you use this cap, make sure that joker's on there TIGHT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just a helpful hint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

No problem here drill... They are 4 separate LEDs with no diffuser luckily... but good advice none the less

Rich

Well, I've seen the 4 LED ones with the cap. Matter of fact, those are the "cheap" (Figuratively of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) white ones that only lasted about 2 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif When I pulled them to replace them, the cap fell off into the housing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif So I had to pull the damned light out to get it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Talk about a PITA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
No problem here drill... They are 4 separate LEDs with no diffuser luckily... but good advice none the less

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Well, I've seen the 4 LED ones with the cap. Matter of fact, those are the "cheap" (Figuratively of course ) white ones that only lasted about 2 months

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive just got mine from cage and mine have the caps, does this mean i got the cheap ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Mark

p.s. how the hell do you remove the bulbs, 1) i cant get my hand in to grip the rear of the bulb 2) it wont budge when i get a couple of fingers around to grab it, do they twist or something?

Im sure someones super glued my bulbs in.

Has anyone changed these bulbs on an S3 and still has the full use of their hands!!!!

Will have another go tomorrow, do the holders just pull out or twist?

Mark

Same here cage, i also have a 2003 S3, can you pm me details of how to pay etc. i would also prefer the ones without the caps if you can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cage sent you a pm and Payment can you also send me the bulbs with no caps as I also have a 2003 S3.

Cheers
Dicky Boy

[ QUOTE ]
NWMark said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Well, I've seen the 4 LED ones with the cap. Matter of fact, those are the "cheap" (Figuratively of course ) white ones that only lasted about 2 months

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive just got mine from cage and mine have the caps, does this mean i got the cheap ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Mark

p.s. how the hell do you remove the bulbs, 1) i cant get my hand in to grip the rear of the bulb 2) it wont budge when i get a couple of fingers around to grab it, do they twist or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, I doubt they're the same brand I picked up locally here in Germany dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif So I can't testify to the quality, just wanted to be sure folks were warned about them damned Caps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cage said:
[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
Same here cage, i also have a 2003 S3, can you pm me details of how to pay etc. i would also prefer the ones without the caps if you can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PM sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cage, did you get my pm last week? Still no sign of my LEDs.

Ta,
Adam

PM sent

LED's were posted last week Friday.

OILBURNER: Still awaiting a reply to my PM also.

I'm thinking about these now too looking at the pics.

Think the sidelights will look so much better next to the xenons now with these!

How long are they expected to last and iv'e heard about some problems with the DIS flashing up warnings when they have been fitted, is there any truth in this?

The xenons are the main lights you have on when you are driving, you will have seen them on other cars, much brighter and the light looks really blue.

The sidelights are "position" lamps and not the bright ones you use to drive in the dark. These bulbs that Cage is selling makes the sidelights look alot similar to the xenon lights already on the car.

I think ritch posted some pics on page 1 of this topic.

Iv'e ordered some too Paul, we will have to make the next north east meet at night so we can show them off!!

Talking about that when are we going to organise the next one for??

It was nearly a year ago when we had the first when we all went karting!

Hi Cage.

Would also like a set of these sidelight, have PM'd a couple of times but PC is awful and it may not be sending thru...

Cheers

Ant

I bought some 4 LED side light bulbs from UltraLED's quite a while ago. I have just got round to fitting them to my S3 this morning.

It took ****** ages. My fingers are killing me. It took real faith in removing the bulb holders - by gripping the wires and giving them a firm tug. I tried to be gentle at first, with gradual force, but they just wouldn't budge. A firm tug is the technique. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, took load of pics, so will post them if I remember.

Also had "fun" today fitting Philips "Power 2 Night H7 GT-150" bulbs to my girlfriends Golf Gti Anniversary. What a nightmare!! Look good though. Just judging them in the daylight (dull and overcast) the light looks much whiter. They are supposed to have a blue tint too, but I expect thats only noticable at night.

AL

Here are some pics of my 4 LED ones. These are just pure white LED's, but give of a significantly noticeable blue/purple tint - not sure if I like it.

Also, not sure if they give of as much light as the normal bulb. Either that or the lense isn't able to reflect the light out like it can with the standard bulbs.

The following pics are on a dull day. Will do some night-time shots one day this week.

Guys, I've recently tried some LED's in a 2004 A4 TDi, but unfortunately they flash on and off and are not constant. Has anyone else had this problem?