Newbie :)

IOM-S3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to audis and have just bought a 2001 s3 210hp. i have a few issues which i want to try and resolve.

When going over bumps etc there is a rattle from the rear of the car, sounds like it is in the boot?

Also when going over bumps a metallic kind of noise seems to be coming from around the rear wheel area?

any ideas what these could be, thanks in advance peeps

lee

Hello mate, and welcome.

I had this on my S3 also, and turned out to be a shot rear shock absorber had broken away from it's bush and was just flapping in the wind basically.

However, it's hard to diagnose what your noise is as it may be a few things to be honest.... get under there and have a look and see whats going on.

Thanks mate i will do, are there any main common faults with them underneath at all? like arb bushes etc?

thanks

Thanks mate i will do, are there any main common faults with them underneath at all? like arb bushes etc?

thanks

It's general wear and tear stuff to be honest. The backs are normally pretty good in my experience.... If something is clanging and knocking, it should be relatively easy to spot. Get a pry bar in there and have a wiggle around.

thanks for the help matey, i will have a look and let you know :) cheers