Lower dash trim doesnt fit right?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi.
I had my lower dash trim off to replace the clutch pedal at the weekend, however.. It doesnt fit right now.

Its over towards the drivers door, with a 1/2" gap between the trim and cetre console...Also the fuse box cover sticks out at the bottom now :(

Any Ideas what if im missing somethig here? ive had it off 3 times in 3 days now and it keeps going back in the same place... Just 2 sprung clips and the top, around 4 screw/bolts under the fusebox cover and 3 above the pedals???

Cheers for any help.
Callum

Am i supposed to have the locating lugs??>.
Passenger%20spigots.jpg

If so, they are missing :(

Hi Callum, I had mine off last year to fit the bluetooth car kit and it can be a juggle to get it back on right, may be different on the facelift but it does go with a bit if juggling, 2 pairs of hand do help rather.

Nige

yup as above, where it fits against the fuse box is where it distorts, ive removed this part a million times on this FL and my old pre FL car..... never seen those lugs before though (they are the same) :/ usually there some metal clips on the dash that sometimes require prising open

Those 2 metal clips are a right ******!.
When distorted, can you get them fitting right again?.. or will it forever be "a bit out"?

Nige, I had a right tantrum the 1st time... Threw all my toys out of the pram, but then the sigh of relief when the 2 clips clicked together.

Shall have annother go tomorrow, That pic abouts off an ibiza, just looked similar, and though i may be missing the locating dowels.
cheers for the heads up.

na ours doesnt have them...... im pretty certain, too much a coincidence that both mine have lost them too....open the clips and get the outside edge in, then push the plastic bit in the clips and screw up