Day pics of my a3/s3 conversion!! (alot better)

I

imported_Tariq

Here's the day pictures of my a3/s3 conversion (its a work in progress guys and still needs alot of stuff doing)

Looks good... just need to sort the suspension out!

Rich

I know mate its sitting too high!! Also needs a recaro interior and tinting!

The car was in a smash and needed parts. I managed to get s3 parts at a good price.

Plus cant get insured on an s3 only 21!!

yep... and and extra 125bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks nice but I'd loose the S3 badges as it isnt one unless you have changed the engine too. It will encourage thieft and all the Saxo boys will try to race you and will measure their prowess against what they thought was an S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ahh stop rubbing it in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif I might even get an engine transplant from a 1.8t lol. But thats wayyy later on down the line. How much do you reckon shes worth? 56k on clock and hpi clear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I managed to beat a 1.8 gtI (red I) golf lol and that was knocking out 150bhp. We both were going full out!! not bad for a 1.6 i'd say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Probably a 1.4 with GTi badge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Sorry.. no offense meant

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
Looks nice but I'd loose the S3 badges as it isnt one unless you have changed the engine too. It will encourage thieft and all the Saxo boys will try to race you and will measure their prowess against what they thought was an S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tariq mate, better yourself than racing against saxo boys! Just act cool, give them the thumbs or finger up, and act like you dont need to race to show the power of your car. Sorted motor mate!

hey, I only have a 1.8 NA A3 Sport so mine isnt fast at all either. You may want to do the engine before the recaros as they weigh a ton /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

what do you reckon shes worth in her current state! bearing in mind ita a 1.6 56k on clock and y plate, hpi clear and current mods on her lol

Looks like they've made a good job of it.

What gear knob and surround have you got around the gaitor?

cars are a dead loss in money , how annoying, i'd rather it better to invest in a car than a property :p

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
What gear knob and surround have you got around the gaitor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard S3 knob and gator by the looks of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see.

I thought the S3 was 6 speed where as this car is 5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

its a 6 speed gear knob and gator on at the moment!! But its only a 5 speed car. But hey it looks the part!

Mods done:

Front Bumper with fogs and washer jets wired up
Front Wings
Side Skirts
Rear Bumper
Exhaust backbox
Chrome Mirrors
Bigger 17" TT Wheels (got em cheap but want s3 ones)
Steering Wheel
Side Sills (s3 ones)
Quattro Glove Box

Mods to do:

Lowering
Tints
Recaro Interior

Give the car to my sister and get a porsche boxter 3.2 lol

keep dreaming mate it'll keep ya happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

No need...

Mods so far:
RS4 18" Reps
Miltek Cat+

Mods that will be done by June '05:

Eibach Springs all round
Eibach dampers all round
Brembo Big brake conversion w/ uprated vented x drilled/grooved disks to fit 18" rims
1.8T 20V engine conversion with either IHI or K04 uprated turbo
AMD re-chip
AMD diverter Valve

Phase II front A3 lights with xenons

Thats all folks... So in reality my dreams are comming true of my 1.6i /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[censored] man thats alot of dough to spend!! Hey any chance of some pics of ya baby!

As for the brembos i've got a set for sale from a subaru sti with little use, something in the region of 15k max i reckon.

One more thing i love the picture you've got of the cat!!

very tasty mate!!

so what sort of performance is your car giving as in bhp

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Brembo Big brake conversion w/ uprated vented x drilled/grooved disks to fit 18" rims

[/ QUOTE ]

That's always a nice one to do... Are you planning to transplant the hubs and associated gubbins off somethin bigger too? Or have you found another way to fit Brembos to a 1.6? -I'd be quite interested in making mine stop a bit better (hey - if it can't be made to go much quicker, making it stop better has gotta be the next best thing!).

Regards,

Rob.

As I'm aware I dont belive there should be any issue with the Hub carrier, or the backing plate behind the disk (dont know the correct term for this part) as they should be the same as the 1.8T. Jusat the brake disks and calipers are diffrent!

On the 1.6 and 1.8 NA, the caliper is bolted straight to the hub, it has no carrier. You would have to swap the hubs off of a turbo version too. Not sure about the 1.6 but the bottom balljoints are the same on the 1.8 so it would be a direct replacement unless you got S3 hubs as they have a different size of bottom balljoint. The driveshaft may also be a defferent size too between the 1.6 and the 1.8 Turbo. Few things to look into 1st /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif