Can I get a key coded to my car ?

5teve L

Reaction score
Basically I got my car with 1 key which really annoys me, today whilst at the breakers I found a key in an A3 (W reg), I know I can get the key part recut but can Audi de-code the keyfob part ? My local stealer wasn't 100% sure. Also my key has 2 buttons & the other has 3, will this make a difference ?
Many thanks
Steve

My car came with a 3 button key, and I had a two button key coded to it. I was lead to believe the immobiliser chip inside the key can only be programmed once, so you may need a new chip inside it. Also, I was told that the key needs to have a W logo on the blade. It's worth looking into as Audi told me they'd still charge me the programming fee even if it didn't work.

Also, which breakers do you go to as I'm in Sussex but haven't found any around. Can you just go round and take bits off and then pay when you leave or what?

My car came with a 3 button key, and I had a two button key coded to it. I was lead to believe the immobiliser chip inside the key can only be programmed once, so you may need a new chip inside it. Also, I was told that the key needs to have a W logo on the blade. It's worth looking into as Audi told me they'd still charge me the programming fee even if it didn't work.

Also, which breakers do you go to as I'm in Sussex but haven't found any around. Can you just go round and take bits off and then pay when you leave or what?

Yes the dealer told me £60 to try to code it, if it didn't work tough it's still £60, hence asking on here... lol
I went to Bridges in Pease Pottage, yes you can remove parts & pay at the desk, they also have some parts on the shelf. The Audi was only an A3, there are no S3 or 1.8T's in there at the mo, just a burnt out TT that may have a salvagable lump in it if the burnt platic parts are removed... didn't get to look down the bottom as it's closed weekdays.
How much did it cost you for the key to be sorted ?

Nice, might have to have a wander up there tomorrow. Do you go to any other breakers in Sussex? Haven't really heard of any as most people I know don't go.

Not sure of any others, there used to be one in Adversane nr Billingshurst but I don't think they allow people in now, just scrap merchants...
If you need any Audi parts & can't find any around the lower yards you may be able to ask to go in the top yard if you know what you are after, they don't allow you to mooch around up there like the lower yards.