Dumpvalve help needed?????

mark666

Reaction score

Just bought my first Audi after having my Golf GTi keyed on every panel

its a 1.8T sport standard at the moment but i want o fit a dumpvale/divertervalve to it i want the noise aswell but not sure if the 007p diverter valve will have much noise??
also which is the best induction kit to get or is a panel filter better i was going to get the viper induction kit with the cold air feed but alot of people say the green cotton filter is the way to go??
any help would be appreciated thanks.....

are you planning to remap? reason i ask is the dv wont make any noise unless you remap, even then on remap level of boost its not that loud

if you dont remap, dont even bother touching the airbox. even if you remap, the standard filter is fine. dont waste your money

remap and then go from there

Welcome to ASN :)

First thing to recommend is a search... this topic has been done to death... We are nice people on ASN so will let you off with this to save repeating myself lol...
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?100134-Looking-for-a-bov-or-dump-valve-which-is-best#5

Have a look in the stickies too, quite a bit of info there... not quite the same as asking someone directly I know but a lot of what I anticipate you will ask will have been covered at some point or other :icon_thumright:

Bad news about the Golf... hope the same doesn't happen to the Audi...

Happy modding

<tuffty/>

if ur getting an induction kit just get a 007p and ull have ur sound.

if ur not then u could get a forge splitter valve which dumps some and recircs some. Dunno how reliable they are and dunno what affect that has on the engine if any.