Decent North-East / North-West paintshop?

AndrewB

Reaction score
Hi,

Just entrusted my immaculate glacier blue TT to a local "recommended" bodyshop, for a few chips etc. The colour is miles off. I got the entire side of the car done in an attempt to hide any possible variations, too. Absolutely gutted.

I'm now thinking (hoping!) that they haven't used proper Audi paint, which might possibly explain the terrible mismatch in colour and paint fleck. The new paint is darker, and much more metallic.

Two quick questions:

1. Will an Audi centre get a better match, because they'll be using genuine paint (some suggestion they can also adjust for age?)

2. If so, is there a decent Audi centre in the North East (or even North West) - I've heard mixed reports of Colebrook & Burgess, so am happy to travel around.

Cheers,

Andrew

i think there are a few audi repair centres colebrooks near tyne tunnel area in north shields and another in felling in gateshead, i have never used any of them, there is a place with a good rep near colebrooks in north shields they have contracts with porcshe etc and do loads of top cars astons etc, Bill Heanys its opposite colebrooks, just realised maybe a bit far north for you!