What with all this...

DavidR

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
...bling on the board all of a sudden. Too much talk of neon lights, huge wheels and silly lights. I mean, really!

What happened to just going faster, stopping quicker and going round corners.

All this posing is quite upsetting.

I'm off to dust down my slippers and light up a Henri Winterman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

soweeeee tis my fault i brought up rear lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

well i do apologise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I dont have enough money to improve my engine yet so im trying to spruce up the asthetics first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif would be best to keep your dinnner down or your keyboard will suffer!

Pah! A poor excuse.!

These oddly textured carbon fibre "hoods" are priced in excess of £400, which is easily in the stage 1 rechip territory.

Admit it, you are just a girl racer at heart

hell yeah and proud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif well tbh i work for the police so im not too girl racer and i dont have hoop earings and a pram..... no sunstrip or neons (though the my old 206 did have pink ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Styling costs more than tuning! (to a point) for the basic tuning, you looking at £2000 for chip, exhaust, wheels, and if your lucky, suspension... For a full bodykit your looking at about that much... and then you have something thats all show and no go!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
xlux said:well tbh i work for the police

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
xlux said:i dont have hoop earings and a pram.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with a mini cooper convertible...

[ QUOTE ]
xlux said: no sunstrip or neons (thought 206 did have pink ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Pink neons - watch out keyboard, here comes something unpleasant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

but im not just show which is why i bought the 1.8T i did have a 75bhp pug so ive double the bhp.. in my eyes my audi is quick (from what im used to) so im wanting to make it look a bit better then chip it later on ......... stop it you bullys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif you are all anti girls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
xlux said:stop it you bullys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif you are all anti girls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust the girlies to pull the tears trick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anti neons / spinners / bling perhaps

Pink neons - watch out keyboard, here comes something unpleasant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

your just jealous im sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif i knew that would get your keyboard messed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Perhaps. Someone could photoshop some neons onto my car for me I'm sure

CRW_1887_RJ.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
xlux said:
but im not just show which is why i bought the 1.8T i did have a 75bhp pug so ive double the bhp.. in my eyes my audi is quick (from what im used to) so im wanting to make it look a bit better then chip it later on ......... stop it you bullys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif you are all anti girls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. the 1.8T is go... Form a smaller engine such as a 206, the car is FAST! There is no doubt about that. Im just saying that with all the styling stuff, it makes it look quicker, and even in chipped state, sometimes you can get shown up.

Now there is nothing wrong with having a good looking car, and i aint bullying anyone (hey even when my car was just chipped, it had the bodykit!), im just saying that if i were to do it all over again, id get it to go well before it looked like it should!

Cheers

Rich

pink ones though!!! it would go lovely with the blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
xlux said:
pink ones though!!! it would go lovely with the blue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite...

I'd prefer Epsom Green.

Rich - I see where your coming from i looked a right **** in the 206 off the lights...but i have to start somewhere and sadly im a show off first and want it to look good at shows before i start racing the big boys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh and green is just spiffing my dear!!

[ QUOTE ]
xlux said:
Rich - I see where your coming from i looked a right **** in the 206 off the lights...but i have to start somewhere and sadly im a show off first and want it to look good at shows before i start racing the big boys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh and green is just spiffing my dear!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thts fair enough! And i wont say anything, because thats what i did! Keep a balanace of upgrades.. balance the scales between looks and perfoermance adn you will be onto a winner!

Rich

LOL at this post, but I've to agree less of the stick on tack threads. Audi is about quality not tack.

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Rich, you are just worried that someone else might out bling your chariot...

[/ QUOTE ]

There aint much bling on mine... dull as a **** at the moment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Cough RS4 bumper...cough... Yellow brakes...cough...FMIC...RS6 alloys...cough...graphics

Nope you are right, I'd be hard pressed to spot it from stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Cough RS4 bumper...cough... Yellow brakes...cough...FMIC...RS6 alloys...cough...graphics

Nope you are right, I'd be hard pressed to spot it from stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a difference... This is a 'tool' of advertising and presence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RS4 bumper is to house the FMIC which would not have fit behind the stock one, RS6's will soon be replaced for something stronger and lighter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

......Thsts my excuse anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Quality post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dont worry Dave it is just impetuous youth entering the forum, they will grow out of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know, well some people are into looks and some are into performance, they may be the real car enthusiasts, but that doesn't mean other people can't make their car look good without making it go faster as well. I'd say the 1.8T is fast enough for most people, so nothing wrong with keeping it as it is and making it look better.

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
I know, well some people are into looks and some are into performance, they may be the real car enthusiasts, but that doesn't mean other people can't make their car look good without making it go faster as well. I'd say the 1.8T is fast enough for most people, so nothing wrong with keeping it as it is and making it look better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree...to a point.

But what about the recent fetish into de-tuning?

Fitting atmospheric dump valves - reducing power

Fitting silly wide wheels that rub, and mean you have to drive more slowly

Fitting overly heavy wheels that appear to be made of Uranium, judging by the weight - those kill the handling.

Mega low springs - I'll not even go there!

De-tuning...the lot of it...makes the car less agile, and means you have actually detracted from the already impressively poor handling and performance as engineered by Audi.
Fantastic!

What ever happened to the thrill of driving?

Has this place turned into a bunch of Julians who prefer sitting in the local wine bar admiring the size of each others 'bling' wheels and impressive pie-in-the-sky dyno figures, rather than actually going for a drive?
I'm starting to think so...

And, may I say, that is disapointing...perhaps it's time to move on...I'm obviously getting too old!

I didnt buy my car to thrash aroud the place Glen , i bought it to enjoy driving it day to day , enjoying looking at it and generally enjoy the whole experience of driving an audi. So ... as you put it "de-tuning" my car by putting "silly wide " rims on is just the avenue ive decided to take.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Fitting silly wide wheels that rub, and mean you have to drive more slowly

Fitting overly heavy wheels that appear to be made of Uranium, judging by the weight - those kill the handling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that might have been aimed at my Euro wheels thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Anyway you'll be pleased to know that I'll be purchasing some quality BBS wheels in 18" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
I didnt buy my car to thrash aroud the place Glen , i bought it to enjoy driving it day to day , enjoying looking at it and generally enjoy the whole experience of driving an audi. So ... as you put it "de-tuning" my car by putting "silly wide " rims on is just the avenue ive decided to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is fair enough... I spend most of my time in the drivers seat, and the only time I admire the exterior is when I'm deciding if it needs a wash.

My view is that my modifications add to the car, and add to it's desirability. Most are reversible, and none will detriment the value of the car to any great extent. On the contrary, delocking, dewipering and the hack and slash involved in arch rolling and valance mods for the addition of "silly wide wheels" and multiple exhausts will tend to be hard to reverse, limit the market for the car when you get bored and want to sell it, making the car more bling, more stealable and IMO taking AWAY from the car in some aspects, rather than adding to. You only need to take a look at some of the small ads for some cars with many bling bodywork mods locally, and see cars selling much below reccommended retail, if they sell at all.

Bodywork mods, paint jobs, etc are far too personal - what is one mans nirvana is anothers nemesis...

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:

Anyway you'll be pleased to know that I'll be purchasing some quality BBS wheels in 18" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice fella!

I see you are turning from the dark side...come into the light....

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
do none of you have work to go to LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

But of course...hence the long time delays between posts...unfortunately my employer does occasionally want me to do some work.
Something about oil being at nearly $50 a barrel and wanting to keep it going into the big pipe...doesn't mean much to me either!