Knockhill

DavidR

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Is a great circuit for a weekend blast...
CRW_1770_RJ.jpg

CRW_1861_RJ.jpg

CRW_1878_RJ.jpg

CRW_1887_RJ.jpg

However, there was a guy in a Passat Coupe with ideas above his station who steadfastly refused to let me past...

Mr Brembo sorted that small issue out.

Looking good Dave... Y'know, that car is the spitting image of Glens S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Looking good Dave... Y'know, that car is the spitting image of Glens S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing huh. You know what they say about great minds...

...or is it that fools seldom differ?

Certainly do... And i do hope it will be out for all to see on our stand at GTi-i next may /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Certainly do... And i do hope it will be out for all to see on our stand at GTi-i next may /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be insulted if I wasn't offered a space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be insulted if I wasn't offered a space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats alright then!

Oh and by the way, no wussing out of a challenge! i want a race! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

replace it! Mine probalby wont be upto much by then anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
replace it! Mine probalby wont be upto much by then anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.

I'll race, but I fancy my chances more in my 200 than the S...

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Feck me!
I was thinking the very same...right down to the RS3 badge and active aerodynamics pack!

Is nothing sacred?

Wonder who that passenger could have been???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, it was a good day!

I've had mine on Knockhill, what a blast!

Only had a chip and springs at the time so the brakes and suspension left a bet to be desired!

Would love another crack at it now!

Take it it was a top marques night David?

[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:
Wonder who that passenger could have been???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, it was a good day!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I know...
CRW_1870_RJ.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:Take it it was a top marques night David?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it was a track day arranged by ss-r.com - 4 hours, good driving (apart from the goon in the mk2 scirocco) and I was there with 5 mates also driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Love the wheels David R!!! Have you had them painted??? Please enlighten me.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif Where did you get them?

YOGi

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Ess_Three's idea, I bought the wheels from him...

[/ QUOTE ]

See, Your confusing everyone now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Oh, is it only the wheels u bought? I thought it was the complete package?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not last time I looked...
Dave's car has a different registration number to mine...

I know I've been spending a lot of time driving / playing with my GTI lately...but I think I'd have noticed if the S3 wasn't parked in the garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

There was an outlandishly large sum of money appeared in my bank account recently though...hang on a minute... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
So whats it rinding on just now? Axle stands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reduces the unsprung weight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Would save you a fortune on tyre shine!

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Glen uses tyre shine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
I know he isn't into posing, but surely he can resist the od tyre shine application?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wash your mouth out!

I have no time for such trivial wastes of time...I could be better spending my time improving the already fine handling, or getting even more than the current 330+ lb-ft of torque out of it!

Honestly...tyre shine!

[ QUOTE ]
YOGi said:
I must say.......sorry to go on, some of the best looking wheels ive seen - MADE EVEN BETTER, loving that powder coated finish!

Where did you get/create them Ess Three???

Im in love!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

YOGi

[/ QUOTE ]

They are the factory optional wheels for a TT!

8" wide, ET33, 18", made by BBS and affectionately refered to by the manufacturer as 'their masterpiece'

Lighter than the originals, and stronger too...also the perfect width for an S3, in my opinion.

I split the wheels by removing the 15 7mm titanium bolts, had them machined to allow for clearance after powder coating (it's thicker than paint...or the lack of paint applied - or not, as the case may be - by the manufacturer), then had the rims done in a bright silver powder coat and the centres done a sort of pewter, high sparkle finish powder coat.

Once bolted back together they do look damn fine, even if I do say so myself...

The only problem being that they are an Audi part only - not available in this fitment from BBS - so they are pricey...approx £450 per wheel all in.

Another of the wheels in question, on the car in question...not sure if it's Dave's car or mine...can't see the 'plate!
Looks like mine...the seat's too far back for Dave's car...him being somewhat vertically challenged, and all...

33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Looks like mine...the seat's too far back for Dave's car...him being somewhat vertically challenged, and all...

33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Vertically challenged! Pah - I think the national average would be under my 5'11" (you rotund arsshole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:

Vertically challenged! Pah - I think the national average would be under my 5'11" (you rotund arsshole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, now that hurts!

5'11" is positively vertically challenged when compared to normal people convincingly above the 6' mark!

I may well be rotund (OK...I am!) but it's a sign of good livin'.
BTW, your waistline is expanding you know...you may try to hide it under your woolen jumper or padington bear coat...but it's growing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:BTW, your waistline is expanding you know...you may try to hide it under your woolen jumper or padington bear coat...but it's growing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, I didn't know you paid such attention to my (possibly) expanding figure...

Please note, that you are now dissing Barbour's finest "Paddington Bear Coat" which gives me the right to don a tweed shirt and shooting jacket before chasing you through the woods with a pack of dogs - and I don't much fancy your top speed...

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:

Aww, I didn't know you paid such attention to my (possibly) expanding figure...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't...
My other half did. Which is potentially more serious, come to think of it...
What's going on here then?...

[ QUOTE ]

Please note, that you are now dissing Barbour's finest "Paddington Bear Coat" which gives me the right to don a tweed shirt and shooting jacket before chasing you through the woods with a pack of dogs - and I don't much fancy your top speed...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm concerned...
I think I shall have to run to my cabin and sob uncontrollably into my pillow...