Both front electric windows not working...

mitalm

Audi A3
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2000 Audi A3 5dr and about a month ago both the passenger and drivers windows stopped working. When the switches are pressed all that can be heard is a click from inside the door.

I took it to a garage and the guy checked all the wiring and switches and said that it must be the motor as there weren't any other problems.

So I'm wondering is that definitely the problem or could it be something else? I just don't wanna have to shell out for motors and for them to not fix the problem.

On to the next part of my query I have been to the local scrappy and there is a 2dr A3 with both window motors still in, I phoned Audi about the part numbers for the two cars and the guy told me that they were different, do you think it's possible to use the 2dr ones in a 5dr?

It's also £186 for a new motor! :O

If that is not possible then there are almost no 5dr motors on eBay. There are however a large number of Golf MkIV motors, is it possible to fit Golf motors onto the A3's? I'm assuming so as most parts are interchangeable, but again I don't wanna shell out for them and them not fitting.

So yeah any help would be appreciated. It sucks not being able to open the windows in this freaking heat! Not a fan of the air con unless I'm on the motorway because of the petrol :(

Thanks.

Hmm I don't know if it is the clips as the windows won't go down at all, usually windows with the clip problems don't go up but do go down, but yeah suppose it's worth a try.

Any idea about the Golf motors fitting my Audi?