Badger5Chris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 77
  1. #1
    imported_xlux
    Guest

    carbon fibre bonnets

    Im planning on getting one in the new year and wondered whether anyone has got one and where they bought if from. Ive looked on the web and they are rare and still mighty expensive!!!!!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
     
  3. #2
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    for styling = [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img]
    for weight saving = pointless

    Just my opinion

  4. #3
    imported_xlux
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    oh, ok [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    i just havent seen many around and thought it would be different [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

  5. #4
    DavidR's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,295

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    ..and when you paint them the finish is all bobbly... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

  6. #5
    imported_xlux
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    i wont paint it!!!!

  7. #6
    DavidR's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,295

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    ...that'll make it worse then....

    Unless they come in silver [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

  8. #7
    imported_xlux
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    I thought the carbon fibre would look good against the silver bodywork... my mate has a white skyline with a carbon bonnet and looks smart... ah well just a thought [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  9. #8
    DavidR's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,295

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    I'm particularly fond of the local cruising types who take their normal steel bonnet then paint it black for effect...

  10. #9
    imported_xlux
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    theres no way im doing that!!! or tights around the rear lights to give them the 'smoked' look [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  11. #10
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    305

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    i looked into it a while back before financial doom hit me. Expensive, not everyones taste but id do it if i had the money to do the rest of the bodywork to compliment it.

  12. #11
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    How old are you?

    It sounds like you are trying to turn your Audi into a Halfords special LOL

    Next it will be neons and spinners.

    Where's Pimpmyaudi when you need him?

  13. #12
    imported_AudiAuto
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    mate, im right here, reading some of the things that xlux wants to do, and i am cringing, sorry but carbon fibre vents, lexus lights, very very tacky. Might look good on a skyline but not a A3.

  14. #13
    FactionOne's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    3,055

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    mate, im right here, reading some of the things that xlux wants to do, and i am cringing, sorry but carbon fibre vents, lexus lights, very very tacky. Might look good on a skyline but not a A3.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I don't even think they look all that on Skylines either to be honest... One of the bosses at work has a couple, and he put a Carbon Fibre Bonnet on one... Didn't look too hot, and the other day it flapped open on him while nailing it along. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

    Regards,

    Rob.

  15. #14
    Ess_Three's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    xlux said:
    I thought the carbon fibre would look good against the silver bodywork... my mate has a white skyline with a carbon bonnet and looks smart... ah well just a thought [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Please no...not on an Audi...
    Have you no shame? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

  16. #15
    HTC
    HTC's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Koh Samui, Thailand
    Posts
    3,402

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    I think cars with carbon bonnets look like they've had a crash and can't be bothered to paint the new panels!!

    My opinion of course.

  17. #16
    Post Whore

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no carbon fiber! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

  18. #17
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    neversaydie said:
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no carbon fiber! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I second that!

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif[/img]

  19. #18
    imported_ashs3
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    DickyS3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    neversaydie said:
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no carbon fiber! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I second that!

    <img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif" alt="" />

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Me too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif[/img]

  20. #19
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    922

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    get a scooby vent instead, or an exhaust pipe with leds round it! Orif u wanna be really cool, get neon washer jets or for the coolest thing since extra cold beer was invented, get led dust caps!!!

  21. #20
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    I notice that he hasn't replied since.

    I think we must have scared him back of to "Chav" land.

  22. #21
    robthehungrymonkey's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Uckfield, Near Brighton
    Posts
    555

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    Ok, don't get me wrong here I hate the idea of leaving it unpainted (would look like my girlfriends' brother's clio, that's got one black door on a white car!). But wouldn't it be a really big weight saving? Even if a very expensive one.
    Why does carbon fibre buble when you paint it? Why does the Macca F1 (and F1 cars) not have bubbled paint work? Or is it a hugely expensive process? Just curious.

  23. #22
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    A bonnet is not a heavy item at all! few kg's tops. A CF bonnet will make bugger all difference to anything in the performance department.

    So looks. When painted, theres no point, when unpainted, it looks like its not been painted yet.

    And it depends on the thickness of the gelcoat to whether or not it bobbles or not. a thick gel coat will provide a smooth gloss finish which will be fine to paint over. unfinished carbon fibre, will, (here comes the word!) fiberous finish!

    Rich

  24. #23
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    MarkB, maybe he works during the day [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He may get a surprise on returning to the forum

  25. #24
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    khufu said:
    MarkB, maybe he works during the day [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He may get a surprise on returning to the forum

    [/ QUOTE ]

    May be so LOL

  26. #25
    imported_CivicJim
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    well for the info of the "cocky" ones , SHE is at work

    and as for the "pimp my ride" comment, this coming form someone with a TV headunit and a bright yellow car ........ok then :roll:

    i dont see what the big fuss is about , she asked a question , DIDNT ask for your opinions on the bonnets,

    as for they are a waste of time, its more of a personal preference than anything else, i wouldnt mind one for my car, but i cant justify spending 300 + on a bonnet, but people who do its their choice,

    if you have nothing constructive to say about it dont reply, simple as, i thought some of the more long going members would have that attitude, but maybe not


  27. #26
    Ess_Three's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    CivicJim said:
    well for the info of the "cocky" ones , SHE is at work

    and as for the "pimp my ride" comment, this coming form someone with a TV headunit and a bright yellow car ........ok then :roll:

    i dont see what the big fuss is about , she asked a question , DIDNT ask for your opinions on the bonnets,

    as for they are a waste of time, its more of a personal preference than anything else, i wouldnt mind one for my car, but i cant justify spending 300 + on a bonnet, but people who do its their choice,

    if you have nothing constructive to say about it dont reply, simple as, i thought some of the more long going members would have that attitude, but maybe not


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Lads, looks like we've hit a nerve!

    I'm sorry...far be it for me to ruffle the feathers of some poor sensitive soul...

    At the end of the day...this is a public forum, and a place we use for light hearted entertainmemt as well as a bit of mild (occasionally slightly more than mild!) ribbing...
    Don't take it personally...

    There will be those who agree with you about them not being completely rank...but to be honest, I think you are likely to get a negative reaction to such a suggestion from this forum.

    My advice would be, if you don't want to see negative comments, don't post questions / statememts that are likely to incite such comments.

    We're only having a bit of fun...no harm done, eh?



    A couple of things I can't help wonder though:

    What has having a yellow car got to do with someones perception of 'pimped up rides'?

    What is so 'bling', 'rude boy', 'chav', or 'pimp' about having a decent head unit with sat-nav / TV facility?

  28. #27
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    305

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    to be honest, i couldnt give a [censored] what people think, ill get one eventually but not on a standard car. Everyone has different taste, thats whats make us individual and i think with the right bodywork and paint job that it would look good. Far too often on sites like this and many others the minute you mention a modification that another user doesnt like you get ripped to pieces. I had it when i joined and said i had a superchip, not an AmD/jabba etc etc and people slated me for it. Who cares, its what i have and what i want. Yeah sure i hate a lot of peoples cars and opinions, like pimpyaudi bloke and his chrome thinking. I dont like it but fair play if thats what he wants then go for it. People need to step back and be a little more sensitive when it comes to other peoples car, let them make the mistakes as thats what modifying is all about. We all learn, i have had 4 induction kits, 10 dump valves and 2 suspension setups. To cut this rant short, what people do to their cars is not for others to sit back and be abusive, if you dont like it fair enough but for [censored] sake be a little more polite about it, people spend thousands modifying and it does hurt to see people being abusive towards their pride and joy.

  29. #28
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ess_Three said:

    A couple of things I can't help wonder though:

    What has having a yellow car got to do with someones perception of 'pimped up rides'?

    What is so 'bling', 'rude boy', 'chav', or 'pimp' about having a decent head unit with sat-nav / TV facility?


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Thank you.


    If I had a Centurion or similar unit I wouldn't be too bothered about your comments, but it's a quality Alpine DVA unit with Sat Nav.

    Also so what if I've got a yellow car? How does that affect my judgement or taste? I wanted to be different. That's why it's a one off life style colour.

    People that know me will tell you that I am a perfectionist and I don't do things by half.

  30. #29
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    to be honest, i couldnt give a [censored] what people think, ill get one eventually but not on a standard car. Everyone has different taste, thats whats make us individual and i think with the right bodywork and paint job that it would look good. Far too often on sites like this and many others the minute you mention a modification that another user doesnt like you get ripped to pieces. I had it when i joined and said i had a superchip, not an AmD/jabba etc etc and people slated me for it. Who cares, its what i have and what i want. Yeah sure i hate a lot of peoples cars and opinions, like pimpyaudi bloke and his chrome thinking. I dont like it but fair play if thats what he wants then go for it. People need to step back and be a little more sensitive when it comes to other peoples car, let them make the mistakes as thats what modifying is all about. We all learn, i have had 4 induction kits, 10 dump valves and 2 suspension setups. To cut this rant short, what people do to their cars is not for others to sit back and be abusive, if you dont like it fair enough but for [censored] sake be a little more polite about it, people spend thousands modifying and it does hurt to see people being abusive towards their pride and joy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Fair play if you get a carbon bonnet.

    As you say it's up to you, but people just like to state their feelings about them.

    I am not trying to fall out with people.

  31. #30
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    305

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    to be honest, i couldnt give a [censored] what people think, ill get one eventually but not on a standard car. Everyone has different taste, thats whats make us individual and i think with the right bodywork and paint job that it would look good. Far too often on sites like this and many others the minute you mention a modification that another user doesnt like you get ripped to pieces. I had it when i joined and said i had a superchip, not an AmD/jabba etc etc and people slated me for it. Who cares, its what i have and what i want. Yeah sure i hate a lot of peoples cars and opinions, like pimpyaudi bloke and his chrome thinking. I dont like it but fair play if thats what he wants then go for it. People need to step back and be a little more sensitive when it comes to other peoples car, let them make the mistakes as thats what modifying is all about. We all learn, i have had 4 induction kits, 10 dump valves and 2 suspension setups. To cut this rant short, what people do to their cars is not for others to sit back and be abusive, if you dont like it fair enough but for [censored] sake be a little more polite about it, people spend thousands modifying and it does hurt to see people being abusive towards their pride and joy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Fair play if you get a carbon bonnet.

    As you say it's up to you, but people just like to state their feelings about them.

    I am not trying to fall out with people.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Im not falling out with ya at all, im merely stating people should be a little more considerate towards other peoples future plans and be a bit more polite. A simple 'Im not keen on them' rather than the endless list of 'no no no no' or 'pointless and looks crap' I have been on the receiving end of [censored] like this all too often on this site for having my own taste and opinions, like me wanting an atmospheric dump valve, bigger exhaust, crap colour car etc etc etc and to be honest its rediculous. Im happy with my car, you can all have your opinions on how [censored] it is, or will be in the future but all im asking is for users to be a little more polite with their opinions.

  32. #31
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    to be honest, i couldnt give a [censored] what people think, ill get one eventually but not on a standard car. Everyone has different taste, thats whats make us individual and i think with the right bodywork and paint job that it would look good. Far too often on sites like this and many others the minute you mention a modification that another user doesnt like you get ripped to pieces. I had it when i joined and said i had a superchip, not an AmD/jabba etc etc and people slated me for it. Who cares, its what i have and what i want. Yeah sure i hate a lot of peoples cars and opinions, like pimpyaudi bloke and his chrome thinking. I dont like it but fair play if thats what he wants then go for it. People need to step back and be a little more sensitive when it comes to other peoples car, let them make the mistakes as thats what modifying is all about. We all learn, i have had 4 induction kits, 10 dump valves and 2 suspension setups. To cut this rant short, what people do to their cars is not for others to sit back and be abusive, if you dont like it fair enough but for [censored] sake be a little more polite about it, people spend thousands modifying and it does hurt to see people being abusive towards their pride and joy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Fair play if you get a carbon bonnet.

    As you say it's up to you, but people just like to state their feelings about them.

    I am not trying to fall out with people.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Im not falling out with ya at all, im merely stating people should be a little more considerate towards other peoples future plans and be a bit more polite. A simple 'Im not keen on them' rather than the endless list of 'no no no no' or 'pointless and looks crap' I have been on the receiving end of [censored] like this all too often on this site for having my own taste and opinions, like me wanting an atmospheric dump valve, bigger exhaust, crap colour car etc etc etc and to be honest its rediculous. Im happy with my car, you can all have your opinions on how [censored] it is, or will be in the future but all im asking is for users to be a little more polite with their opinions.

    [/ QUOTE ]


    Ok maybe on reflection my "Chav" comment was a bit harsh, and I can see where you are coming from by being a bit more polite.

    Point taken [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

  33. #32
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    On a more helpful note.

    If you are still interesting in getting a carbon bonnet after reading the replies let me know as I know a guy that might be able to help [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

  34. #33
    Ess_Three's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    to be honest, i couldnt give a [censored] what people think, ill get one eventually but not on a standard car. Everyone has different taste, thats whats make us individual and i think with the right bodywork and paint job that it would look good. Far too often on sites like this and many others the minute you mention a modification that another user doesnt like you get ripped to pieces. I had it when i joined and said i had a superchip, not an AmD/jabba etc etc and people slated me for it. Who cares, its what i have and what i want. Yeah sure i hate a lot of peoples cars and opinions, like pimpyaudi bloke and his chrome thinking. I dont like it but fair play if thats what he wants then go for it. People need to step back and be a little more sensitive when it comes to other peoples car, let them make the mistakes as thats what modifying is all about. We all learn, i have had 4 induction kits, 10 dump valves and 2 suspension setups. To cut this rant short, what people do to their cars is not for others to sit back and be abusive, if you dont like it fair enough but for [censored] sake be a little more polite about it, people spend thousands modifying and it does hurt to see people being abusive towards their pride and joy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    How ironic!

    Anyway...not aimed at you Stuart...but to the general populus:


    I will continue to speak my opinions whenever I see fit...everyone has the right not to read them...to ignore them, or to react to them. I don't really care...

    I am as proud as the next man when it comes to my cars...and I get just as much flak about my search for handling perfection as the next man does about adding pimp timts, chrome wheels or a carbon bonnet.
    But, I'm sorry folks...I've been insulted by professional idiots for years (at work)...so a few negative comments from people I don't know really aren't going to ruffle my feathers...I suggest a few of the cotton wool people out there start adopting a similar attitude!

    People are sensitive about their car...lighten up!

    This place is a fine source of entertainment...we have all views, and it's the diversity that makes Audi-Sport.net genuinely different to many of the other forums - in my view.
    Let's not forget that, in addition to information and guidsance, we come here to be entertained.

    Jeez...if some peope think it's bad in the public forums...they should probably avoid the nights out or drives!
    Get a few beers in on the nights out, and nothing is sacred...
    Now, that's when people really might get upset!

  35. #34
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    305

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ess_Three said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    to be honest, i couldnt give a [censored] what people think, ill get one eventually but not on a standard car. Everyone has different taste, thats whats make us individual and i think with the right bodywork and paint job that it would look good. Far too often on sites like this and many others the minute you mention a modification that another user doesnt like you get ripped to pieces. I had it when i joined and said i had a superchip, not an AmD/jabba etc etc and people slated me for it. Who cares, its what i have and what i want. Yeah sure i hate a lot of peoples cars and opinions, like pimpyaudi bloke and his chrome thinking. I dont like it but fair play if thats what he wants then go for it. People need to step back and be a little more sensitive when it comes to other peoples car, let them make the mistakes as thats what modifying is all about. We all learn, i have had 4 induction kits, 10 dump valves and 2 suspension setups. To cut this rant short, what people do to their cars is not for others to sit back and be abusive, if you dont like it fair enough but for [censored] sake be a little more polite about it, people spend thousands modifying and it does hurt to see people being abusive towards their pride and joy.

    [/ QUOTE ]



    I will continue to speak my opinions whenever I see fit...everyone has the right not to read them...to ignore them, or to react to them. I don't really care...



    [/ QUOTE ]

    Everyone is different, we all act different. You reply in, for example, my thread. Im going to read that reply, therefore i cant ignore it. This works both ways, if you dont like the topic, dont reply.

  36. #35
    Ess_Three's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    Everyone is different, we all act different. You reply in, for example, my thread. Im going to read that reply, therefore i cant ignore it. This works both ways, if you dont like the topic, dont reply.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Absolutely...
    In some ways, this is a good thing - although not, I admit, if you feel you are at the receiving end!

    I guess it all comes down to this:
    It's a public place...you post your comments and expect others to do the same. How these comments are worded, you have no control over...you get what you get....good or bad.

    But doesn't that add to diversity and entertainment value of this forum?
    I'd say it does...

  37. #36
    imported_xlux
    Guest

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    Hi Back from work now and im really disapointed with the site. I am a SHE and frankly i cant be bothered to share any of my future plans if this is the reaction. Mark you need to think before you type... I am certainly not a chav! i would have bought a saxo rather than an Audi and so far not many people have been very helpful with my question. I dont think i will be attending any meets as I dont think you lot have a big imagination and are very narrow minded. I dont mind critism christ i work for the police! but if you hate my plans that much dont read my posts. Ive been on loads of forums and im afraid i found my peugeot site PGAC alot more friendly and before you say it, it wasnt full of chavs just friendly peeps who accept peeps are different. Im not putting lexus lights on the car i just asked what people had done! and even if i was i dont expect abuse! yep put your opinions down but theres ways in doing it. sorry to chirp on i was trying to be polite in my last replies and keep the thread funny even if people were taking it a bit seriously.

    any i cant be bothered talking about the bonnet anymore so thanks to the peeps who had constructive advice.

    LUCY female!!

  38. #37
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    305

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ess_Three said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    Everyone is different, we all act different. You reply in, for example, my thread. Im going to read that reply, therefore i cant ignore it. This works both ways, if you dont like the topic, dont reply.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Absolutely...
    In some ways, this is a good thing - although not, I admit, if you feel you are at the receiving end!

    I guess it all comes down to this:
    It's a public place...you post your comments and expect others to do the same. How these comments are worded, you have no control over...you get what you get....good or bad.

    But doesn't that add to diversity and entertainment value of this forum?
    I'd say it does...


    [/ QUOTE ]

    To be honest with you, i dont come here for the entertainment, i come here for the love of my car. If i want entertainment id go play yahoo games. If i wanted to have abuse thrown at me id buy a saxo (my personal opinion) We all have our feelings, you may not care what is said, others will and im sure there are many members who are on here that wouldnt like a mass of people going in their thread slating what they have done or plan to do. I suffered, i did as you say and chose to ignore those comments. I do what i do for a reason, for me and not Mr Joe Bloggs from an internet site to sit and get aroused by. However, all my above replies are in no way referenced to me, its a general observation of what seems to be happening here to other members like the lady who started this thread. I have learnt to take most peoples comments and ignore them, some still hit a nerve without a doubt, not everyone has the same reaction and many will be offended.

  39. #38
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Central Scotland (where it rains alot)
    Posts
    144

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    Have to say, I have had a look at many other forums and to be honest, they put me to sleep!

    Yes this forum can get a bit arsey at times but, hey, it wouldn't do if everyone always thought the next mans car/mod was ideal would it? Wheres the fun in that!

    I too have had to put certain feathers back into place after differing opinions on here but that was part of the learing process!

    Anyways, I've just found that I cant get insured for a Skyline GTR and I'm depressed.

    Someone start another 'heated debate' to cheer me up!

  40. #39
    Post Whore

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    My comment was for entertainment and to obviuosly state my opinion. If you go around taking everything litraley you would be better of not touching or "modding" your car.

    Enough Said. Free forum. Free world. Free speach and all that eh?

  41. #40
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    305

    Re: carbon fibre bonnets

    and, just for lucy, my photoshopped A3 with a carbon bonnet.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO