OEM look boost gauge?

KB

Reaction score
Was intrested in getting a boost gauge in one of those air vent pods, think they look sutle, was just wondering does anyone have a gauge that looks oem, want one that lights up with red numbers and a white needle to match the speedo/rev counter

I got the pod from Awesome and the boost gauge is from my local car shop:) You can get boost gauges that have more oem lighting though

P1010008.jpg

Yeah thats the pod im after, noticed awesome did a boost gauge that lit up red, just wondered if anyone made a boost gauge that match the interior exactly. my last car was an astra gsi turbo and i got a boost gauge that was 100% like for like with the dials of the car, think it was courtney sport but anyway looked really good, as if it was there from factory!

Slightly different but has anyone put a liquid gauge into a pillar pod?

The liquid gauge would be very odd in a pillar pod because of its size and shape. Also the cable needs to go into your OBD port so running it down where its supposed to connect would be a pain.

But yeah, OEM boost gauge = Liquid Gauge ;) I love my one. Probably the best thing on my car!

There is a TT one that is round, would the software and functionality be the same as the S3 one? Was thinking of the TT one for the pod mount as quite like me drivers vent. If not was thinking of having the S3 one popping out from where the cup holder is atm depending on tue depth of it.

The TT one iirc is round to fit the TT air vent and will still have the same size screen as the S3 one but would guess the liquid gauge will be arround 80 to 100mm in diameter, where as a standard boost gauge is 52mm dia

You can also use a podi gauge from here http://podi.ca/Gauges.aspx This gauge has adjustable needle and background colours so you can matches the oem colours perfectly. I did the A pillar install as shown by tufftybloke.

Not tried either to be honest, like the look of the stack gauges in the a pillar pods and like to be able to have cool air hitting my face when I'm driving so want to keep the vent. Will probably just go the one pod like stuffy and s3kev I think it was and deceide on liquid gauge later.