YAY!.. Clutch pedal snapped.

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Pulling off the sliproad onto the a3, my clutch pedal gave up the ghost.

After a quick seach seems to be a common problem, and "not too bad" to fix.

Does anyone know the part numbers required to fix?. on a 2001 AMK s3?

The parts ive found are metal peice snapped on 3 edges, plastic bracket snapped one lug off.

would ECP keep the new pedal or audi only?.
cheers
callum

Right, just stripped out all the pedal etc.
Just need some pointers if anyones renewed their own.

1: The pivot bolt - whats the best way of removing without fouling the steering column?

2: Whats the precedure of refitting?.
New pedal bolted on, then master cylinder retaining clip (white clip), then wedge the spring in somehow?

3: the pin coming out of the master cylinder has a slight kink on the end, about 30mm up from the ball, is this normal? did it bend when the pedal sprung back? will the master need replacing?

Thanks for any advice, cheers
Callum

Mine did the same not too long ago!!

Will have a look through my empty audi/vag boxes from main dealer, try to get the part number for you... I think it cost me about £20 something!! and then friend who's audi mechanic fitted it for me, wasn't hard just looked a bit fiddly!!

Will try getting hold of him (mamoth task) and see if he can do a quick guide !!! Will get back to you asap!!!

Ideal, cheers chief.
No worries on the partnumbers, i actually got a switch on guy at audi today, sorted everyting out for me.
1x pedal,2x bushings, 1x black switch stop, 1x white clip.

However, its tipping down with rain now, so not sure if i fancy fitting it all......
Then again, I dont fancy cycling to work tomorrow if its raining.
Tough choice.

BOSH! fitted it... All is good.
Well, apart from i snapped my clutch switch :(
Car should be back tearing up the roads tomorrow now.