Changing bulbs in facelift headlights fitted with xenons!

hillg81

Reaction score
Is this a bumper off job as audi say it is???

I need to fit 2x led sidelight bulbs, 2x main beam bulbs and 2x clear indicators asap!

Anyone willing to help???

Maybe to fit a cupra r splitter at same time too ;o)

As far as i know it is a bumper off job. Ive now changed my sidelights twice (due to one bulb failing), and both times i took the bumper off. Its not a big job though...

5 screws around each wheel arch, 4 clips on top of the bumper, and 2 screws underneath the car... Then to save you disconnecting the headlamp washer jets and fog lights, you can just lay your bumper on some foam/rags on the floor.

Then just 3 torx screws to get each headlamp out far enough to get your hands in.

Did mine this week, ny lights are the pre-facelift one's and tbh, itd impossible to change them with out the bumper off.

Thats a good idea to not screw them to the wing... should of really done that, but hopefully that'll be the last time i have to change any more bulbs for a while.

Explain clever ****!
:salute:

Quite easy really, it's just a case of removing the black plastic cover on the back of the headlights, unplugging the plug, twist the bulb out, pop the new bulb in, plug back in, plastic cover back on, done:)

The passenger side bulb will is a bit more difficult, you have to slacken off the battery to move it out of the way a little then you can do the same to that side. If you struggle pm me and i'll do it for you lol

To remove the bumper check out this linky

To replace the side and main lights you can do as sandip says - however for the indicators I believe it is

Help please guys.

My drivers side xenon bulb has just blown but I cant work out how to remove it! I've removed the plastic cover from the back of the light and unscrewed the connector to the back of the bulb but I cant work out how to get the actual bulb out! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sandip !!!

I need two led side lights fitting asap before the 12th october for the mot!
Can we meet up soon?

Gaz