Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Looking for a bov or dump valve, which is best???

Hi guys

Liking the actuator noise on the s3 engine its quiet a nice sound imho!
    What can i get fitted to offer me an eekkkk sound rather than a ttttiiissssshhhh sound like a dust bin waggon!
    Does it need to be non recurculating or ?????
    Whats best basically that wont cause damage to the engine

Thanks Guys
    52 Nogaro Blue S3 225-Revo S1-Forge 007p-18" Genuine RSTTs-Falken FK452-Autostyle Mats-Bosch Aero wipers
    NEXT-Powdercoating wheels-H&R Spacers-Neuspeed CAI-Pipeworx exhaust-MC JL Sub/Alpine Amp, Dewipered, A total bodywork makeover before its sold!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I would say forge 007p is best but i have just got a forge split r what will not damage the engine but takes time to set up thanks alot.
    (EACH TO THERE OWN )

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L3WJX View Post
    I would say forge 007p is best but i have just got a forge split r what will not damage the engine but takes time to set up thanks alot.
    (EACH TO THERE OWN )
    What are the diffence in the noises?
    And difference to each valve?
    Did you change from the 007?
    Is it a sharp eeeekkk noise rather than a dustbin wagon noise

Gaz
    52 Nogaro Blue S3 225-Revo S1-Forge 007p-18" Genuine RSTTs-Falken FK452-Autostyle Mats-Bosch Aero wipers
    NEXT-Powdercoating wheels-H&R Spacers-Neuspeed CAI-Pipeworx exhaust-MC JL Sub/Alpine Amp, Dewipered, A total bodywork makeover before its sold!

Neutral

Status
    Just checked my bills for the car from previous owner and its got one of these 007p things on the list.
    Il have to check the engine bay to see if its still there.
    If so its not loud enough and not sharp enough the noise so whats next on the list!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    If you have a search about this topic has been covered more times than I can remember... anyhoo... Any recirculating valve is ok (the Forge 007p being the popular choice) but it won't give noise like BOV's do as the 1.8t's are a closed system and need to have the air released by the DV recirculated into the intake system...

To get more noise first get a remap as you don't get much pressure released when there isn't much pressure to start with and thats what makes the noise... then get a panel filter or some sort of open filter like a cone or CAI and you will hear it better then...

Valves such as the Split-R and any atmospheric type valve are not suited to the 1.8t...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Thanks buddy
    Its got the Revo stage 1 at the moment fitted with the 007p.
    Totally understand regarding the recurculating bit, thats why i asked if it was safe to use anything else so il stick with this instead.
    Induction kit will be a neuspeed which il be picking up soon also.
    Thanks again
    Gaz