Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Water Leak

Reverse Gear

Status

Water Leak

Hi

Recently purchased my sister a 2002 Audi A3 1.6 Petrol that is letting water into passenger footwell through the pollen filter, when you activate w/screen washers you see water run down screen through plastic scuttle trim at bottom of screen and through into the pollent filter, thought there might be a bit of plastic under the scuttle diverting water away from this area but nothing anyone got any ideas as there is nothing worse than a vehicle that lets in water, where is the scuttle drain plugs located on this vehicle??

Your help regarding this issue would be most appreciated.

David

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi
    Had the same problem. Worst design I've ever seen to be honest.
    Cured by cutting a large piece of plastic to fit above pollen filter housing between bodywork and sondproofing and down to the lip on the bulkhead where the rubber strip which meets the bonnet when closed goes on. It's also worth removing the pollen filter housing, two nuts, discarding the foam seal and using a sealant to seal the filter housing onto the bodywork. I also cut a piece of plastic to cover the ecu unit in the centre of the bulkhead to keep it dry hopefully averting the common ecu problem.