Interesting discussion with Jabba about DV valves

Markb

Reaction score
I was on the phone to Jabba this morning discussing tuning options for my car, and they recommended upgrading the standard diverter valve for an atmospheric version. As apparently the early cable driven cars were atmospheric /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So I had a big discussion with him and stated that I thought they weren't, but he was adamant that they were.

So was I correct?

Surely not?

I had a cable-driven AGU 1.8T (1999), and that was a standard OE recirculating DV.

I didn't think there was any performance advantage to having an atmospheric dump valve on a 1.8T...

He wasn't trying to sell you one was he? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

All 1.8T's came with diverter valves (recirculating DV), but you could fit an atmospheric DV to all throttle cable version without any problems. I use to run a Baileys D26 atmospheric DV on my AGU golf and it was fine.

Forge Motorsport have now designed a fully atmospheric DV which works with both non-dbw and dbw turbo engines. I have a polished silver version for sale if anyones interested.

Heres a link to what it looks like: http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNDV&product=FMDV004

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
I was on the phone to Jabba this morning discussing tuning options for my car, and they recommended upgrading the standard diverter valve for an atmospheric version. As apparently the early cable driven cars were atmospheric /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So I had a big discussion with him and stated that I thought they weren't, but he was adamant that they were.

So was I correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a load of Bulls*it! no 1.8T have EVER been atmospheric. In fact, NO car ever comes with an atmosperic DV. the only cars to gain from this are cars with no DV whatsoever!

Rich

this again, i ran a dv26 4 a while, and the car didnt run properly, flat as a pancake, sounded the nutts, but performance comes 1st with me, switched back to my dv 30 and it was back to the norm , pulls like a good n. and quick turbo response when changing gear, really notice 4th, its good, but i want more.

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:

So was I correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a load of Bulls*it! no 1.8T have EVER been atmospheric. In fact, NO car ever comes with an atmosperic DV. the only cars to gain from this are cars with no DV whatsoever!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know that's why I was on the phone to him for about 15 minutes explaining why they don't run well with Atmospheric etc.., but he wasn't having any of it LOL

my A3 1.8t ran perfectly with a Bailey DV26, had no problems at all. didnt loose any boost when changing gear either, they get fitted on the cold side of the intercooler. chip next!!!!