how long ?

cawsey20

Reaction score
Right, im trying to juggle finances around atm :(.

Owe some money here and there, Holiday to pay for in october/ november. Clutch started slipping on my s3 and i don't want to sell my golf mk2 to fund it ! .
Bad times.

Now i know its a case of how long is a piece of string , But as the clutch started slipping last sunday , its not constant some days it doesn't even do it :S.
How long do i have untill it gets really bad ?. Im guessing its down to driving style really.
Can you also use the car even when slipping , other than sodding up the flywheel ( i plan to change this ) , can it do any other harm to the car ?.

how bad is it slipping?

if you can drive it like miss daisy without it slipping then theres no reason why it wont last indefinaetly, but the slipping will put loads of heat into the dmf. ive seen dmfs CRACK due to excess heat. bad news when that happens as it will then try to excape your bell housing

Its slipping abit say if your on a motorway in 6th and you put your foot down , As soon as the power kicks in it holds back abit then catches up. This happens 2 out of 8 times though .
Obviously if i boot it off the line every ten minutes and absoloutly rag the hell out of it im asking for it but , Driving ( Normally :( ) i should be fine ?.
Even with the occasional blast ...

just see it as slip putting lots of heat into the dmf and excess heat is really bad. just dont pin it, is it worth the risks??

If it's only slipping in the high gears, then it's ok to drive normally, jsut don't boot it in 6th! lol, feather the power in.