EM TuningVolks Autos
    HULLAND A2

Status

Loud noise when starting my a2

Hello, Im getting a really bad loud noise everytime i start my car. Could this be the starter motoer. If so do i have to rplace it or can i do something to stop it?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    A noisy starter motor is not really a problem, its only if it fails to start or becomes difficult to start that is an issue. Is it making a metallic sound when turning the key before it starts? Or is it making the noise when it fires up?

The first could be the release on the starter not engaging properly, it will only get worse and eventually it will fail to start but if it starts its not a major issue for the moment. It can be cleaned or even refurbished

If its the second issue it could be the engine not getting enough oil on start up? Oil starvation is a big problem , but i doubt if this is the issue if you already think its related to the starter.

HULLAND A2

Status
    It starts fine everytime, and the sound is high wine sounds, but it only happens as the car starts. It doesnt do it all the time, but it is happening more n more?

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Does the noise continue for about 30 secs after a cold start, or a sec or so after every start?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have this type of problem and when start my car, I am getting a really bad loud noise everytime continue for about 35 seconds.

1st Gear

Status
    When you say really bad noise, can you explain further?

Metal tapping, squel noise, in a petrol or diesel?

Reverse Gear

Status
    ours does it but only for a second.

my missus is a bit over keen with the starting it and keeps ignition on a second too long, sounds asthmatic now but still works OK.