Spare Wheel?

• Thread starter imported_RogueElement
  • Start date
I

imported_RogueElement

Do you get a spare wheel with other Audi models?

With the A2, all you get is a cannister of foam and an air compressor.

Of my cars...

Old A3 - Full size spare

New A3 - Space Saver

Old A4 - Full size spare

May also be wheel size as opposed to car size dependant. You may get a 195 tyre in the 'well' but not a 225, meaning the necesity of a space saver, if you get my meaning.

Kev.

You don't get a spare with the new Porsche 911's. They give you the same thing: a pair of gloves and a can of "Fix-a-flat"!!
So hey... think of your car as the poor man's Porsche!

[ QUOTE ]
RogueElement said:
Do you get a spare wheel with other Audi models?

With the A2, all you get is a cannister of foam and an air compressor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you didn't know this before you bought it?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Just kidding mate.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I was suprised to find my spare is an alloy!!! a nice shioney never used original alloy which has been NEVER fitted!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Got my A2 2nd hand 1 year old, the guy before got Audi to fit a spare wheel. Its a strange wheel which is stored flat, you then have to inflate it. Luckily never had to use it yet

yep me to 52plate A3 with a full alloy wheel. might sell it when times get hard lol.

Yeah the spare wheel in the A2 is a factory option!!! I think at factory it used to be no cost option, but about £250 if you wanted to retro fit it.

My A4 has a full size alloy spare.

My Beetle has a full size steel spare.

My A3 came with a full size matching alloy.

this might be a little off topic but does anyone know if a 17" alloy from an S3 will fit in the spare wheel well?

im on the space saver wheel at the moment and i must say the ride is better