Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

A2 Stereo advice

the missus' car came with the Audi Chorus Radio Cassette, which i thought was strange for a 4 yr old car
    Anyways, do any Audi units fit the A2 that are CD? ie Audi Chorus Cd version that is a single din unit? there was one on ebay but the guy advised me that it wouldnt fit......so any help would be great!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    lol

I know you couldn't even buy cassettes when Audi sold most of the A2's with a cassette player, its crazy!!

The simple answer is yes you can buy a direct replacement unit see pic of mine.

I have it plugged into a 20gb Sony hard drive (the bright light in the tray below) with an adaptor so i never use it for Cd's, Can't stand them lying around at home or the car, but thats just me. Its a good unit the Cd player and i think its a direct plug and play using the connectors (ISO) on the back.

The unit is called a Audi Concert, I hope this helps

Last edited by *Unkle*; 21st October 2008 at 16:36.

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    Unkle, your head unit is the same as mine, I'm about to add a sony 6 disc changer to it in the glovebox, I was wondering if you know if the plug arrangement at the back of the concert is something called quadlock (whatever that is) or not?
    To run the cd changer I need an interface adaptor from Connects2, they do one that says for quadlock & one that doesn't, I think ours doesn't have it but not sure, any ideas?
    Last edited by willnabby; 14th November 2008 at 09:09.
    Martin.

Status
    Don't believe it's Quadlock, that was only introduced in the last couple of years, 07 on IIRC.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Reverse Gear

Status