gf's A2 steering blues

• Thread starter imported_glen_jai
  • Start date
I

imported_glen_jai

My gf has an A2 FSI sport, and she's been experiencing some serious pulling to the left on the steering. The alignment was done as a consequence and has been set spot on, and the tyre pressures are also correct, but it still pulls heavily to the left.

Also, checked it wasn't the camber of the road, as it pulls to the left even on the right hand side of the road.

Any ideas fellow A2 owners?
Cheers.

Get the tracking checked elsewhere, just to be safe. Also, is there any play in the rack? i.e freemovement before the wheels move??

Rich

Front discs maybe worth checking. The front discs are poor and warped on ours very quickly - Now changed for Brembos with greenstuff pads - what a difference!

Thanks for the advice chaps.
It's now been sorted. The tracking was fine. It was something else much more subtle. But my gf has forgotten what the mechanic told her.... Nice.

My gf has had the entire passenger side front suspension replaced after it sheared whilst reversing off her drive. Car was <30K and 1.4 TDi (75). It felt odd afterwards, but due to the nature of the A2 you couldn't see anything wrong with it.