JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Order an S1 ?

Neutral

Status

Order an S1 ?

Hi all,

Thinking of trading my "13" plate A3 1.4 TFSI 122 S-Line (Daytona) for an S1 (Sepang). I quite like the idea of re-living my youth in a nippy hot hatch. The stats and quattro are really impressive. Insurance and running costs aren't a major issue as I'm 40+ now. The main concern I have is interior space in particular leg room. I'm 6'1 and have loads of room in the A3. Sat in an A1 S-Line today and had the seat right back. I very rarely carry passengers. Any thoughts ?

Ta !

PS : there's a new You Tube vid of a Sepang Blue S1 Sportback in a dealership abroad. Looks great !.
    Last edited by JossyB; 21st May 2014 at 23:24.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I think it will be a great car, the one thing I would say is these things are so refined they feel nothing like the cars of our youth.

The last car in my opinion that felt like a proper old school hot hatch was VW's Lupo GTi, the new ones are so 'over-engineered' and are better for it but just don't quite feel like the real deal.

That said it will be an astonishingly good little car, and will look amazing in Sepang. Pricey loaded with options though.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status
    It you go on a1-forum.co.uk you will see that build weeks people are getting is latter part of this year now.

If you didn't get the initial allocation (two / three cars per dealership) then you might have a long wait. My dealership didn't even get allocated a demonstrator or customer build slots.

Great looking thing, it would be worth the wait.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

5th Gear

Status
    I've got a S3 and my partner a A1, I had similar thoughts before buying the S3 but space, power and options ultimately steered me towards the S3.

I've driven the A1 on long journeys is ok but cramped in my opinion. No room to rest left leg, felt very close to instruments,etc. I'm only 5 11" so would be worse for you. Great car but IMO everyday use, too small for me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It sounds like a good a decision mate,Most of the times important thing is to be good at making the right choice,If you are sure of buying An Audi which is tremendous at uses especially for the people who are having a small family because its more like an SUV Coupe and surely have a very impressive performance but yeah if your people strength is more then you should go for another model but make sure its an AUDI.