S1 Launch Tomorrow

I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting for Audi to build an AWD S1.

Got sick of waiting as I needed a new car. I order a Golf GTI, then 2 months later, they announce the S1. Brilliant !!

Veryyyyy excited about this, that yellow looks unreal!

Hmmmmmmmm hope its not 5 door only :/ the only reason why i don't like the RS3...

Last edited:
Reactions: s3dave, ShaunS3, warren_S5 and 1 other person
Was expecting this to pop up sooner or later what with all the talk about the VW Polo R having 4wd and pretty much the same set up as this

Wonder if Seat will join the party and chuck this system in the Ibiza

3 door with a price of 25k sounds like I know what my next cars going to be! In Java Grün I might add :superman:

Any one else thinking about being a mad bar steward and swapping in that 5 cylinder? It clearly fits nicely :ninja:

Last edited:
some info I've just received...

New S1 to star at Geneva show
12 February 2014
Sporting 231PS quattro model goes on sale in March
<image004.png>

AU0134-14

The hotly-anticipated, range-topping Audi S1 will make its debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March. It also opens for ordering next month, with deliveries starting in May.

Available as a 3-door and Sportback, the new S1 has a 231PS 2.0 TFSI engine with a six-speed manual gearbox and quattro all-wheel drive - a first on a standard production model in the segment. This completes the line-up, with quattro now available across the whole Audi range. It will accelerate from 0-62mph in 5.8sec and the top speed is an impressive 155mph. Prices start from £24,900 OTR for the S1 3-door model.

The striking exterior styling, including S-specific bumpers, rear diffuser with dual-branch oval twin tailpipes and exterior mirrors in aluminium design, ensures the S1 is instantly recognisable on the road. This is matched by the high quality interior; front sports seats in Olympic cloth/Milano leather with S1 embossed logo as standard, with the option to upgrade to super sports seats in fine Nappa leather.
Launch timings
Pricing and specification guide
Week 11, March 2014
Open for ordering
Week 11, March 2014
Start of production
Week 16, April 2014
First customer deliveries
Mid May 2014
UK launch
Week 19, May 2014 (to be confirmed)
<vgghghf

Specification details

Technical specification (3-door and Sportback)
Engine
2.0 TFSI
Transmission
Six-speed manual, quattro
Cylinders
Power
231PS
Torque
370Nm
Top speed
155mph
0-62mph
5.8sec (5.9sec Sportback)
Emissions standard
EU6
CO2
162-168g/km
Exterior design features
The S1 exterior has a new S-specific design to differentiate it from the rest of the range. These highlights are all standard equipment:
S front bumper with air inlets
S rear diffuser incorporating dual-branch oval twin tailpipes
S design radiator grille with S1 badge
Black brake callipers, with S1 logos on front callipers
New front and rear light designs
Exterior mirror housings with aluminium styling
17-inch ‘S design’ alloy wheels
Other standard features
Audi Drive Select
S sports suspension with adjustable dampers
S-specific, more direct steering
New S-specific interior design
Xenon plus headlights
Light and rain sensors
Electronic climate control
Mobile telephone preparation/Bluetooth interface

S1 Sportback dashS1 Sportback rear three-quarter

New options for S1
In addition to the existing options available on the A1 range, the following new items will be available to order:

Paint
Two new optional exterior colours: Vegas yellow and Sepang blue.

Alloy wheels
A new alloy wheel design is exclusively available on the S1: 18-inch ‘S-design’, five-parallel spoke star design, two-tone 7.5 J x 18 with 225/35 R18 tyres.

Flat-bottomed S1 three-spoke leather multi-function sports steering wheel
Featuring full-size airbag and multi-function button for radio, speech dialogue system, phone, Audi Music Interface and navigation options, where fitted.

S sports seats with S1 logo
Upgrade to super sports seats in fine Nappa leather, featuring embossed S1 logo on the front seat backrests.

quattro exterior styling package
The package includes Xenon plus headlights with red wing insert; exclusive five-parallel spoke star design, 7.5 J x 18-inch matte black alloy wheels; unique roof spoiler; aluminium front spoiler; red brake callipers front and rear and quattro logo in black or silver.

quattro interior styling package
To complement the sporty exterior styling package, customers can also choose a quattro interior styling package. This has a flat-bottomed leather multi-function steering wheel with contrast stitching in silver, red or yellow; air vents in high gloss black with red ring; S sports seats in fine Nappa leather with rear of backrest in high-gloss black, red or yellow; centre console in high-gloss black, red or yellow; door armrests in black leather with contrast silver or yellow stitching or steel grey with contrast red stitching; black floor mats with double piping in black/silver or steel grey/red or black/yellow.

Pricing and specification
Full details of pricing and specification for the new S1 will be announced shortly before ordering opens in SLi. The existing A1 range will remain available to order until further notice.

Reactions: Oily Audi and Stiggles
S sports seats with S1 logo
Upgrade to super sports seats in fine Nappa leather, featuring embossed S1 logo on the front seat backrests.

Shame they can't squeeze a set of buckets in there as an option :(

The A1 quattro Clubsport also rocked one, was the MTM quattro also?
The only thing stopping me previously was the work involved in swapping in a haldex system, now I just need an S1 and a 2.5 engine tehehe

Have a google about the MTM Nardo edition mate, I think zee Germans managed to get their hand on it and get a test drive - it was basically an RS3 in an A1 package. 500 odd bhp and 200 mph monster! lol....so yes it did have quattro :p

Is it the same engine they have in the current model S3? Just wondering with tuning potential...

Is it the same engine they have in the current model S3? Just wondering with tuning potential...

Yes it's based on the same family if engines from the Golf Gti/S3

So with an exhaust you're looking at a potential 300hp

Yes it's based on the same family if engines from the Golf Gti/S3

So with an exhaust you're looking at a potential 300hp

With a modified TTRS lump you could be looking at 500bhp/tonne xD
I had been obsessing over the A1 Q, but couldn't justify the cost, plus I knew this would be around sooner or later.

Looks nice! It's a shame that they've hobbled the engine to position it below the S3, but the lightest of tunes should solve that.

Went to York showroom open night and was talking about this car jut tonight. Bet it will fly for its size.

Hmm no mention of DSG gearbox only manual think i will stick to my coming S3

Seriously considering this car as it looks like it's got a lot of potential for power upgrades!
3 Door with DSG could be a nice little car.

Hi

Put myself on the list for one of these, 6th on the UK list. Each dealers only getting 3 this year apparently.

Literally the day before I said "I won't buy a new car again and whatever I buy will be diesel"!

Oh well!

Everyone at work says get a bright colour but I prefer black?

Everyone at work says get a bright colour but I prefer black?

3 door in yellow with the Quattro pack please.

It would look like a little bumble bee being yellow and black and won't half shift like one with a few mods added :)

Reactions: shaun@amdessex.com
Can't even configure it on Home yet (which is usually the first place you can go to get an idea of options, so it still must be some way off being ready for ordering with options.

Can't even configure it on Home yet (which is usually the first place you can go to get an idea of options, so it still must be some way off being ready for ordering with options.

You can get yourself on the list with a £1K deposit and then options/ ordering possible from the first week of March. The dealer also sent me a list of options which was the same as posted earlier in this thread.

I dealt with SG Smiths in Beckenham and spoke to Elliott who seemed quite switched on.

Cheers Shaun.

Reactions: warren_S5
personally i think the polo looks a better car...in general. so id go polo rather than a1.

sort of undermines the s3 a little....same running gear...lower tune...ko3 spec turbo rather than ko4 but wont be long before there are 400hp s1 about.

rs3 looking fave...or a decent engined rs4 avant BOOOST is what that needs

personally i think the polo looks a better car...in general. so id go polo rather than a1.

sort of undermines the s3 a little....same running gear...lower tune...ko3 spec turbo rather than ko4 but wont be long before there are 400hp s1 about.

rs3 looking fave...or a decent engined rs4 avant BOOOST is what that needs

I would have gone for the Polo as well but it will be 6 month further down the line and I was impatient. Been driving this Vauxhall Astra VXR for tooooo long!!

I would have gone for the Polo as well but it will be 6 month further down the line and I was impatient. Been driving this Vauxhall Astra VXR for tooooo long!!

brave man! not my cuppa tea at all the astra. i understand about the wait. neither would suit my needs, company wise or family. guess i'll stick to my a3q for kicks..for now. Or buy a cheap polo mk5 and haldex it! make my own wrc version

Reactions: shaun@amdessex.com
Specsavers for you, the new S1 looks great. The other old one looks like an ugly shoe box on wheels.

But without the shoebox would the S1 be as good as it is?

Reactions: Stiggles
But without the shoebox would the S1 be as good as it is?

lol I was kidding - the old one looks good but I think the new s1 looks fantastic, alas too small for me and I pick up my s3 on Saturday with a stupid amount of options. im trying to convince the wife the s1 is a good idea lol.

Price and specification guide is now live! :) Going to get some pcp prices tomorrow....

We've ordered one today from Kings Lynn Audi, should be fun moreso with 300bhp