A1 problem, anyone?

skybus

Reaction score
Hi all, it's my first post on the a1 forum. Just got an issue with my wife's a1 and wondering if anyone has the same problem.

The car is 2011 built, 2012 plate a1 1.4 stronic. It was all good before the first service. Last year after we done the first service and the car starts to loose power at the red light when the car restarts after turn off (start/stop feature). You can feel the car loose power and rev drops quickly for about a second or two then pick up the power again. But since this doesn't happen every single time , probably one or two times a day. So Audi mechanic couldn't find any issues with it when they only willing to spend 5 minutes on the car and told me there's no prpblem. The warranty is going to be expired soon and I really hope I can figure out the problem and ask them to fix it under warranty.

Note: when I turn off the start/stop feature then it works fine.

All input and advice would be really appreciated. Thx

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Hi all, it's my first post on the a1 forum. Just got an issue with my wife's a1 and wondering if anyone has the same problem.

The car is 2011 built, 2012 plate a1 1.4 stronic. It was all good before the first service. Last year after we done the first service and the car starts to loose power at the red light when the car restarts after turn off (start/stop feature). You can feel the car loose power and rev drops quickly for about a second or two then pick up the power again. But since this doesn't happen every single time , probably one or two times a day. So Audi mechanic couldn't find any issues with it when they only willing to spend 5 minutes on the car and told me there's no prpblem. The warranty is going to be expired soon and I really hope I can figure out the problem and ask them to fix it under warranty.

Note: when I turn off the start/stop feature then it works fine.

All input and advice would be really appreciated. Thx

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Was the gearbox oil changed? Do you have the same problem when the car starts up from cold?

Was the gearbox oil changed? Do you have the same problem when the car starts up from cold?

Im not sure if the gearbox oil changed or not. We just done the 2nd schedule service. If we turn off the start/stop function then it doesn't happen at all, so i think its nothing related to cold start.