Chris NottEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

a1 dsg 180 bhp what mpg

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a dsg a1 and I was wondering on what sort of mpg are you getting I do 25 k a year so it's fairly important.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Remember they only have a 45L fuel tank so long distances aren't really suited to the car.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    Remember they only have a 45L fuel tank so long distances aren't really suited to the car.
    I don't actually do long distances , it 50 miles each way to work, either along the m1/m25 or cross country.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cejsmith View Post
    Hi

I'm thinking of buying a dsg a1 and I was wondering on what sort of mpg are you getting I do 25 k a year so it's fairly important.
    The economy I get with mine is good considering the strong performance of the engine. I get 48-50 mpg on a longish motorway run. Around town / fast A roads I get about 38mpg. You have to drive fairly saintly to get that. If I'm having fun (which is often) I get around 25-28 mpg.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

Neutral

Status
    My wife gets 32-36 around town and 42-46 on a longer run.
    With 185bhp on tap its a great return and what a fab car it is. Get it bought

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    The economy I get with mine is good considering the strong performance of the engine. I get 48-50 mpg on a longish motorway run. Around town / fast A roads I get about 38mpg. You have to drive fairly saintly to get that. If I'm having fun (which is often) I get around 25-28 mpg.
    Hi just out of interest has the mpg got better as your engine got more worn in from new , I have a new be 140 cod stronic , and to be honest I'm only just squeezing 38-39 mpg on mixed driving , but it's only got 700 miles on the clock, if I drove it till the red light comes on for fuel I would get 300 miles per tank full.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicksy92 View Post
    Hi just out of interest has the mpg got better as your engine got more worn in from new , I have a new be 140 cod stronic , and to be honest I'm only just squeezing 38-39 mpg on mixed driving , but it's only got 700 miles on the clock, if I drove it till the red light comes on for fuel I would get 300 miles per tank full.
    It was not great for the first 2000 miles. About 30 mpg for day to day driving mix of town and A roads. Improved as time moved on. I find these TFSI engines do not like to have anything other than very careful driving until warm. As soon as that turbo spools up while cold it will drink petrol.

Your economy does sound on the low side as I get what you are getting and same miles from the tank. It should get better though.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    It was not great for the first 2000 miles. About 30 mpg for day to day driving mix of town and A roads. Improved as time moved on. I find these TFSI engines do not like to have anything other than very careful driving until warm. As soon as that turbo spools up while cold it will drink petrol.

Your economy does sound on the low side as I get what you are getting and same miles from the tank. It should get better though.
    Thanks for your reply, it's actually worst than I first thought , it's looks like it's doing 33-34 not the 39 mpg I first thought, that's nearly half the manufacture figures , I find it hard that our freelander was doing 33.4 mpg and the audi being such a small car is doing the same , at least the petrol is cheaper .