Heated wing mirrors

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I've been following Advances in Car Tech on facebook (Their sponsor link is here Advanced in Car Technologies) and they've been posting about retro fitting heated wing mirrors to A1.

Does the A1 not come with heated mirrors as standard or is it something you have to tick?

Why would Heated mirrors not be a standard factory fit item?
My 98 A4 has them, so did 5 sierras. :|

They have been standard fit on the A1 from some time in the 1st half of this year.

Hi

No heated mirrors as standard on car from launch until spec updated mid 2012 where the 3 door gained these as well as the aerial integrated into rear spoiler. Annoying to say the least as the Polo had heated mirrors as standard and that car cost thousands less than the A1.

The retro fit by Advanced is proving a winner.

Hi

No heated mirrors as standard on car from launch until spec updated mid 2012 where the 3 door gained these as well as the aerial integrated into rear spoiler. Annoying to say the least as the Polo had heated mirrors as standard and that car cost thousands less than the A1.

The retro fit by Advanced is proving a winner.

Yes... We have had quite a few get it done now!

For anybody that's interested - Audi A1 Heated Wing Mirrors Retrofit | Advanced In Car Technologies

dead easy to do for a1 door control units do not need changing just the door switch and you can do the low cost option and run the the loom in each door and add the heated mirrors then encode both door control units

or

retro fit the heated mirror units complete as they come with the loom so you need additional switch and mirror switch

done three now