Retro fit run flat indicator ?

mrwhite66

Reaction score
Audi Run flat indicator can it be retro fitted ?
icon_idea.gif
As if its like the BMW system it runs off the abs, so i`m thinking switch and coding if loom is fitted . jap cars have looms behind the switch packs have Audi ? . anyone looked into it ?

Audi Run flat indicator can it be retro fitted ?
icon_idea.gif
As if its like the BMW system it runs off the abs, so i`m thinking switch and coding if loom is fitted . jap cars have looms behind the switch packs have Audi ? . anyone looked into it ?

You wil need to confirm, but there are apparently 2 different ABS/ESP/EDL control units, as advised by Audi.

I have a 1.6 TDI Sport and asked to have tyre warning retrofitted by the dealer when taking delivery of a nearly new car. I was informed the car had the 'wrong unit' fitted and thus would not be able to have items retro-fitted without considerable cost.

I would add that I do believe Audi corporate are missing a trick here, for the sake of a few quit per car (who's going to notice when spending £16K+ on a supermini) that the base car should allow aftermarket add-ons. Indeed any kit could cover any mark-up, but the idea that there is a lesser equipped base module installed that prevents later additions is in contrast to the sat nab and cruise functions where kits freely available; I also asked about hill hold which was not possible for the same reason - very frustrating. :unsure:

Do please let me know if you find something contradictory...

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be activated using VCDS although not sure about installing the switch though so if you got a flat you'd have to reset it using VCDS again.

It can be activated using VCDS although not sure about installing the switch though so if you got a flat you'd have to reset it using VCDS again.

So to confirm your saying there is only one ABS/ESP ECU? WHich is odd as it is not what i was informed via Audi, could you please confirm this with the respective part number(s)?