Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Retro fit run flat indicator ?

Audi Run flat indicator can it be retro fitted ? As if its like the BMW system it runs off the abs, so i`m thinking switch and coding if loom is fitted . jap cars have looms behind the switch packs have Audi ? . anyone looked into it ?
    Amalfi White 2.0 BE ( 1st 09 2012 ) 62 plate
    OEM Aluminium Pedal Covers - Philips Diamond 5000k fogs
    Connectivity Package
    Comfort Package
    5 Yrs Servicing 2.0 BE and now love it

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwhite66 View Post
    Audi Run flat indicator can it be retro fitted ? As if its like the BMW system it runs off the abs, so i`m thinking switch and coding if loom is fitted . jap cars have looms behind the switch packs have Audi ? . anyone looked into it ?
    You wil need to confirm, but there are apparently 2 different ABS/ESP/EDL control units, as advised by Audi.

I have a 1.6 TDI Sport and asked to have tyre warning retrofitted by the dealer when taking delivery of a nearly new car. I was informed the car had the 'wrong unit' fitted and thus would not be able to have items retro-fitted without considerable cost.

I would add that I do believe Audi corporate are missing a trick here, for the sake of a few quit per car (who's going to notice when spending £16K+ on a supermini) that the base car should allow aftermarket add-ons. Indeed any kit could cover any mark-up, but the idea that there is a lesser equipped base module installed that prevents later additions is in contrast to the sat nab and cruise functions where kits freely available; I also asked about hill hold which was not possible for the same reason - very frustrating.

Do please let me know if you find something contradictory...
    Last edited by Sandra; 16th November 2012 at 15:31.
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

Neutral

Status
    It can be activated using VCDS although not sure about installing the switch though so if you got a flat you'd have to reset it using VCDS again.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_cam View Post
    It can be activated using VCDS although not sure about installing the switch though so if you got a flat you'd have to reset it using VCDS again.
    So to confirm your saying there is only one ABS/ESP ECU? WHich is odd as it is not what i was informed via Audi, could you please confirm this with the respective part number(s)?
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose