EM TuningBadger5
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    pns2007's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    627

    Black Edition A1

    Well after 18 months apart from Audi, I've gone and ordered my new A1. A few picks of it on the ore court. Lucky to get one in stock and hopefully pick it up Monday. Really pleased!










    Looking forward to being part of the A1 forum

    Neil
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

    [s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

    [s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

    [s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]


    A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    Wow Neil, haven't seen you about for a while! (Not since ADI in the flesh!).

    Good to see the new car, what made you go from A4 to A1, looks or just wanting something different.

    Looks really nice.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  4. #3
    pns2007's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    627
    Yes mate, I seem to remember you wining the lap in the RS6, and I tried to take the photos.

    Sold the A4 when I hit a rocky patch with work and decided to economise. The A4 was a great car but a little under powered with the 1.8T. Price wise now the bigger engine A4's are out of my price range and the A3 is dear too with a long proposed waiting list.

    I test drove my mates Fabia VRS and boy it felt fast, just had to have a go in an Audi and was really pleased with it. Was also looking at the Polo GTI but again Audi won hands down.

    Wont be long till my VCDs lead comes out and I Try a few tweAaks.

    All the best
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

    [s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

    [s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

    [s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]


    A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10
    Looks quality and I am seriously thinking about an A1 especially after seeing those pics. If the price of A3's is going up another £2000, I might be priced out of those types of cars.

  6. #5
    mikeyw's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    135
    Looks good. I've ordered a Black Edition in white with the TDI engine. Factory order though so a bit of a wait :/

  7. #6
    pns2007's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    627
    Hi Mike, Is it a standard order or did you specify extras? Mine is standard, but standard is pretty well equipped to be honest.
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

    [s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

    [s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

    [s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]


    A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

  8. #7
    mikeyw's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by pns2007 View Post
    Hi Mike, Is it a standard order or did you specify extras? Mine is standard, but standard is pretty well equipped to be honest.
    One or two options. I'm sure June will just fly round

  9. #8
    MIB
    MIB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    42
    Very nice !

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Planet Claire
    Posts
    258
    Hello Neil, that looks like Shrewsbury Audi, do you live local then?

    Here's our Glacier White 185 Black Edition.



























    Cheers

    Wayne

  11. #10
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Moschops View Post
    Hello Neil, that looks like Shrewsbury Audi, do you live local then?

    Here's our Glacier White 185 Black Edition.



























    Cheers

    Wayne
    Hi Wayne. Welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Planet Claire
    Posts
    258
    Thanks for the Welcome Sandra, have been lurking for while...

    This is Mrs Choppers (as she's referred to on the MK5 Golf GTI site..) new A1, had an S3 8P before in Ibis with buckets which another member on here has seen.

    I've got an A6 S-line SE, but looking at an RS3 at present...

  13. #12
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10
    Looks Really good congratulations. I like the fact they put the cloth on, nice touch.

  14. #13
    pns2007's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    627
    Hi Wayne, nice car mate, I see you've had a few extras added.

    Yes I bought my from Shrewsbury Audi, I don't live too fare away - Telford!

    I shall add a few more pictures of mine when I get chance. Loving the car and really impressed with how quick it is.

    The showroom yours is in isn't Shrewsbury Audi is it?
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

    [s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

    [s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

    [s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]


    A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

  15. #14
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Planet Claire
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by pns2007 View Post
    Hi Wayne, nice car mate, I see you've had a few extras added.

    Yes I bought my from Shrewsbury Audi, I don't live too fare away - Telford!

    I shall add a few more pictures of mine when I get chance. Loving the car and really impressed with how quick it is.

    The showroom yours is in isn't Shrewsbury Audi is it?
    No not Shrewsbury, but too far away, we also live in Telford..

  16. #15
    Agric04's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    198
    Wayne nice BE, are there any options you didn't add? Looks pretty much fully loaded. I'm currently waiting for my 2.0 Tdi BE, should arrive end of May but I don't have the push button start or the HDD sat nav...... please tell me those options aren't worth it!!!!! I've ticked just about every other option though Is it typical to collect a new Audi from a special showroom? This is the first new car I've bought and have no idea what to expect when you collect!
    Current:
    2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition 2.0 tdi 177 manual with t
    echnology pack, interior lighting, cruise control, heated seats.
    Past:
    2006 Mk5 VW Golf GT 2.0 tdi 170
    2001 8L Audi S3 1.8T
    1998 8L Audi A3 1.8T
    1996 Mk3 VW Golf Gti 2.0 8v
    1994 Mk3 VW Golf Gti 2.0 8v
    1986 Mk2 VW Golf driver 1.6
    1987 Vauxhaull Nova 1.0

  17. #16
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Planet Claire
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Agric04 View Post
    Wayne nice BE, are there any options you didn't add? Looks pretty much fully loaded. I'm currently waiting for my 2.0 Tdi BE, should arrive end of May but I don't have the push button start or the HDD sat nav...... please tell me those options aren't worth it!!!!! I've ticked just about every other option though Is it typical to collect a new Audi from a special showroom? This is the first new car I've bought and have no idea what to expect when you collect!
    Agric,

    Go for the Tech pack (HDD Sat) its worth it and just has so many features. The Start Button is nice especially if its raining and you got your hands full and can't get to the keys quick enough, but I don't think its worth what Audi are charging for it.

  18. #17
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    I spotted Shrewsbury Audi too, work locally and live in Bridgnorth. I have a Glacier Black Editipn on order with Bose and mirrors. Still don't have a build date yet though

  19. #18
    Agric04's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    198
    I ordered mine end Feb and I'm still waiting for a build week, I'm not impressed! Think the dealer sat on the order for a month before ordering.
    Current:
    2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition 2.0 tdi 177 manual with t
    echnology pack, interior lighting, cruise control, heated seats.
    Past:
    2006 Mk5 VW Golf GT 2.0 tdi 170
    2001 8L Audi S3 1.8T
    1998 8L Audi A3 1.8T
    1996 Mk3 VW Golf Gti 2.0 8v
    1994 Mk3 VW Golf Gti 2.0 8v
    1986 Mk2 VW Golf driver 1.6
    1987 Vauxhaull Nova 1.0

  20. #19
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Agric04 View Post
    I ordered mine end Feb and I'm still waiting for a build week, I'm not impressed! Think the dealer sat on the order for a month before ordering.
    Its pathetic isn't it. You are looking at around week 36, end sept

  21. #20
    pns2007's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    627
    I went to the Dealer on the Saturday, bought the one in the compound and picked it up a couple of days later! 2K saving from list price aswell 8-)
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

    [s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

    [s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

    [s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]


    A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

  22. #21
    Agric04's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    198
    Seriously you think it will be September?! How can the dealer be so far out saying Early May delivery back in Feb, that seems totally unrealistic!

    If its going to be September think I'd rather cancel the order and wait for the new A3 to come out!

    Does anyone know what the situation is with the deposit I've paid if the car hasn't been built yet? Would the dealership give it back if I cancelled before it went into production?
    Current:
    2013 Audi A5 Coupe Black Edition 2.0 tdi 177 manual with t
    echnology pack, interior lighting, cruise control, heated seats.
    Past:
    2006 Mk5 VW Golf GT 2.0 tdi 170
    2001 8L Audi S3 1.8T
    1998 8L Audi A3 1.8T
    1996 Mk3 VW Golf Gti 2.0 8v
    1994 Mk3 VW Golf Gti 2.0 8v
    1986 Mk2 VW Golf driver 1.6
    1987 Vauxhaull Nova 1.0

  23. #22
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by pns2007 View Post
    I went to the Dealer on the Saturday, bought the one in the compound and picked it up a couple of days later! 2K saving from list price aswell 8-)
    Any pics yet?

  24. #23
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Agric04 View Post
    Seriously you think it will be September?! How can the dealer be so far out saying Early May delivery back in Feb, that seems totally unrealistic!

    If its going to be September think I'd rather cancel the order and wait for the new A3 to come out!

    Does anyone know what the situation is with the deposit I've paid if the car hasn't been built yet? Would the dealership give it back if I cancelled before it went into production?
    Complain. I got another £1k discount on top of all the other discounts

  25. #24
    amar06fbr's Avatar
    Vorsprung Durch Technik

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,033
    some lovely little A1's here.
    For Sale
    climate control (double din non chrome)
    Black roof lining (sportback)
    pm me for more info..

    BBM: 28E07323

    My Panoramic RetroFit


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. DO I Murder, Black on Black, Black edition, Vader it?
    By nealb in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 5th April 2012, 21:17
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th January 2012, 18:20
  3. Special Edition or Black Edition??
    By SunnyB in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13th October 2011, 16:36
  4. sport edition now Black edition????
    By 964kevin in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th July 2010, 17:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO