A1 1.4 122ps Remap/Tuning

adzquattro

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Me and the missus are considering purchasing a new Audi A1 1.4 TFSi 122 7 Speed S tronic. I'm just wondering what peoples experiences are with these? We test drove this and the 185ps model but with the difference in price and insurance we couldn't warrant the later model. However it was a much more spirited drive and for an enthusiastic driver like myself ticks the boxes for me. I was wondering about a remap on the 122ps model though. Have people had any experiences with these or indeed got a 122ps that is remapped?

I'm not expecting miracles for the little single charged motor but I have had remaps on previous cars in the past and they've made the world of difference to them.

There are a few issues that I have read about regarding this motor, i.e oil consumption and engine seizing but are there any major points that I need to be aware of if tuning? Also do you guys know of reputable tuners capable of taking on such a new car?

Thanks in advance

Adam

These map up to around the 144bhp with most maps, nice engine, is ECU off howver!