Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Playing music in the A1

My wife has a VW Polo at the moment and is thinking of changing to an A1. In her Polo she uses an iPod Nano in a cradle on the dash.

On the A1 she test drove yesterday it did not have an interface for a iPod but I did notice a SD card slot. If she was to load music onto an SD card, can this be controlled usnig the normal radio/CD controls.

Also does anyone know if there is an iPod interface available for the A1.

Thanks.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have an ipod connector in the glove box of my a1...press the media key on the stereo, and you're away, with good functionality
    If you have bought one without, it is easy to store all your media on an SD card and do it that way (i believe...it's what the showroom manager told me anyway!!)

4th Gear

Status
    l have a A1 coming next month, l have enquired to this as well on Vagoc. It seems to be the case of putting a folder with music on to the sd card. Hopefully it works pretty simply to change tracks. Simpler than getting your ipod nicked as well.

1st Gear

Status
    sdhc card also depending on spec ami input and jukebox

Neutral

Status
    I have an a1 as a hire car and it has an ipod connector in the glovebox but also if you have an iphone you can just connect it via bluetooth as the new a1's have a2dp capability. Very handy !! Also you can use steering wheel controls to control scrolling through tracks regardless of whether it is connected by bluetooth or cable . Hope this helps

Oh and the A1 is a lovely car had it for a week to replace my A3 while it was being fix after an accident !
    Matt

Audi A3 8P Sportback 2.0T FSI, Silver.
    Mods:
    18" new style RS6 Reps, Audi rubber mats, Centre armrest, vortex spoiler,Detachable Towbar,Cd changer,Coming home leaving lights, Double Din Conversion with new sleek MY11 buttons And 2010 RNS-E
    Mods to do:
    S3 front bumper, Private Reg

Call me Dan :)

Status
    Purchased songs won't transfer to an SD card though I believe..
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |